Shorty hf bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

Durham said:
I found a few pics of Conquest sons we have sold. I will post them for you all to see.
That's the way they should look....hair on the neck, none on the rear. Good bull!

GB

Okotoks

Looks to me like these two K-Kim bulls could be added to the list.
K-KIM CRF AMAZON 7U ET and K-KIM ALLURE 124M ET

K-KIM ALLURE 124M ET Actual BW 77 lbs.
CE 3.1  BW1.0  WW20  YW36  Milk-2 8

K-KIM CRF AMAZON 7U ET   Actual BW 83 lbs.
CE 0.6  BW1.5  WW18  YW24  Milk4

Any reports from this years calving on any of the bulls on the list?

Okotoks

I think this is a bull a lot of people could use!  (clapping)

Attachments

• Kaper 4508.jpg
    Kaper 4508.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 155

trevorgreycattleco

agreed! you can bet your buster brownsIi am going to try and get that dude in my tank then in some 329 heifers :) If Mr reed is willing to sell this hillbilly some.

rarebirdz

there are a lot of shorty options for possible heifr bulls.  I appreciate the shorty breeders putting out their knowledge I know I will be selecting from this list for my 2012 calving season.  Can anyone tell me about the JSF Addicted he seems cool enough to make show heifers that turn into momma cows plus keep the calving ease

Okotoks

rarebirdz said:
there are a lot of shorty options for possible heifr bulls.  I appreciate the shorty breeders putting out their knowledge I know I will be selecting from this list for my 2012 calving season.  Can anyone tell me about the JSF Addicted he seems cool enough to make show heifers that turn into momma cows plus keep the calving ease
I think the most interesting thing about this thread is how many options there really are out there! Some are basicly unknown while others are well promoted.
I don't think SULL RED SAVIOR 0492 has been mentioned on this thread but he is the Sneed bred bull Sullivans have developed. His numbers are pretty awesome since he has low birth weight, high calving ease and above average growth!
CE    BW    WW  YW  Milk  MW  MCE
6.9  -3.7    21    44    1    11    1.4
Another bull that comes from a program that emphasizes red, moderate framed cattle with easy fleshing is YY THE EARL OF DOVER 118U. He is being used in the Y Lazy Y program in Montana. He won't be heard of as much as Savior but his numbers are also very impressive.
CE    BW    WW  YW  Milk  MW  MCE
6.2  -0.8    22    32    2      13  2.5

http://yydurhamcattle.com/yyearl.html

sue

SULL RED SAVIOR  semen is not on the open market. Partners will have the chance to use it very soon- he froze last week!  His numbers are awesome- yet another RS 034 son cooler lookin then his sire.  REd Savior's 3/4 brother (007)  has calves on feed and more calves in both the A&T herd and a near by commerical herd in Nebraska.  "oo7" scanned over a 9.0 for IMF.

The 034 sons in herds I visited last summer were all pretty interesting bulls:

Warren and Roger Lakamp have an absolute hog- "119" very cool set of females by this 4 yr old 034 son.
Nathan and Kayla Cunningham- "031" one of the deepest bodied bulls I have seen - his service will be seen in both black and pb shorthorns. His full sister that sold this year - smashed the scales and did it in a 4 frame package!
McElhaney Farms - have a sweet 034 son along with there denver high seller.
Hub's Ranch may have one as moderate as our 329 bull? His full sister that sold this year is headed for ontario and she is  a head turner.

Okotoks

I forgot to post these pics for YY The Earl of Dover 118U.
One of him
One of a daughter
One of his dam's udder at 11 years of age!

Attachments

• YY THE EARL OF DOVER 118U.jpg
    YY THE EARL OF DOVER 118U.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Daughter YY The Earl of Dover.jpg
    Daughter YY The Earl of Dover.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 21J udder at 11 years.jpg
    21J udder at 11 years.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 720
jaimiediamond said:
Okotoks said:
sigsigns said:
We have a Creole son here at the farm that we used on heifers two years ago as a 2 year old and these are the results. Bred all the replacement heifers and then show heifers that didn't settle AI first try to him. Raised our hi selling heifer at $13,500 out of a first calf heifer and his first calf crop. She is the white one and her momma was a Sonny-n-Clear. Annie won her class in Louisville in the open show and is a late April. The other heifer came out of a Bloodstone heifer that Ben and Sharon Wilson bought from us. They were very pleased one morning to find her up and nursing after a no problem birth. This heifer is a May.  Both heifers were in the 70-80# range. We have collected semen and have started marketing it privately and a few of the semen suppliers have picked him up. The pic of the bull is in his working clothes in Sept last fall.
Looks like he is doing a good job, those are nice heifers. What is his name?
Her sire is Bellringer on an Ace of Diamonds Double Vision heifer. Unassisted 78 lbs. Very hairy and big boned. Wanted to sell but maybe I should show her. Comments welcome.

I am taking a guess at him being MAV BELLRINGER 804U *xAR47018.  I need all the bulls listed actual names so I can update the heifer bull list!!!!

CE    BW   WW   YW   M   MW  MCE
-0.7  -0.6   8      19    4     8     -3.6

Attachments

• bellringer.jpg
    bellringer.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 139

rarebirdz

whats the breeding on the earls dam she has a great udder for her age, any full body shots> does he have semen available he actualy in a lot of ways is better then the more talked about shorty bulls and his maternal strength is obvius

aandtcattle

I just reviewed the latest updated list of "shorty heifer bulls".  I would like to request that RS Max 307 335 01 be removed from the list.  I have had several commercial guys use him with success on angus based heifers but I am scared to use him on shorthorn heifers just because they are so stout when they are born.  I have never had any calving problems with Max out of mature cows but I cannot recommend him for use on purebred heifers.  I was the last owner of Max and see it as my right and privilege to have him removed from this list.  Thanks. Aaron

jaimiediamond

I will be editing the list sometime today or tomorrow

does anyone else have any additions or subtractions?

jaimiediamond

An updated list let me know if there are any changes needed

Attachments

• 04252011 Shorty Heifer Bulls.pdf
    267.2 KB · Views: 206

OH Breeder

Cross Country Shorthorns said:
jaimiediamond said:
Okotoks said:
sigsigns said:
We have a Creole son here at the farm that we used on heifers two years ago as a 2 year old and these are the results. Bred all the replacement heifers and then show heifers that didn't settle AI first try to him. Raised our hi selling heifer at $13,500 out of a first calf heifer and his first calf crop. She is the white one and her momma was a Sonny-n-Clear. Annie won her class in Louisville in the open show and is a late April. The other heifer came out of a Bloodstone heifer that Ben and Sharon Wilson bought from us. They were very pleased one morning to find her up and nursing after a no problem birth. This heifer is a May.  Both heifers were in the 70-80# range. We have collected semen and have started marketing it privately and a few of the semen suppliers have picked him up. The pic of the bull is in his working clothes in Sept last fall.
Looks like he is doing a good job, those are nice heifers. What is his name?
Her sire is Bellringer on an Ace of Diamonds Double Vision heifer. Unassisted 78 lbs. Very hairy and big boned. Wanted to sell but maybe I should show her. Comments welcome.

I am taking a guess at him being MAV BELLRINGER 804U *xAR47018.  I need all the bulls listed actual names so I can update the heifer bull list!!!!

CE    BW   WW   YW   M   MW  MCE
-0.7  -0.6   8      19    4     8     -3.6

I would show her. Nice heifer. really has that "look".

Okotoks

rarebirdz said:
whats the breeding on the earls dam she has a great udder for her age, any full body shots> does he have semen available he actualy in a lot of ways is better then the more talked about shorty bulls and his maternal strength is obvius
The dam is Diamond Baroness 21J. She is a daughter of the Gafa Macfinest 15F. His dam Gafa MP's Bernice 30A was a very beautiful cow and 21J resembles her quite a lot. 21J sold as a calf to Jim and Jane Lyman in Washington. When Jim sold out Ralph Larson purchased 21J and she was carrying a heifer calf at the time. Her grand dam, Diamond Baroness 31D was sold to Texas and was still producing at 13 years of age. Her maternal sister Diamond Baroness 31L is also still in production at ten years.

Attachments

• 21J.jpg
    21J.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 175

jaimiediamond

Okotoks said:
rarebirdz said:
The dam is Diamond Baroness 21J. She is a daughter of the Gafa Macfinest 15F. His dam Gafa MP's Bernice 30A was a very beautiful cow and 21J resembles her quite a lot. 21J sold as a calf to Jim and Jane Lyman in Washington. When Jim sold out Ralph Larson purchased 21J and she was carrying a heifer calf at the time. Her grand dam, Diamond Baroness 31D was sold to Texas and was still producing at 13 years of age. Her maternal sister Diamond Baroness 31L is also still in production at ten years.

Gafa Macfinest 15F's paternal brother was Gafa Captain Macbest 6G who we used extensively. 6G is the sire of Diamond Prophecy 21P's dam Diamond Kalika Baroness 28K.  I have found that the Baroness's have been highly prolific cows with longevity in fact last year both of our senior herd sires were out of Baroness cows.  Also pictured is Diamond Julie Baroness 8J from the same calf crop as 21J.  All of our Baroness cows trace back to Newbiggon Julie M

Attachments

• julie.jpg
    julie.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 133
  • prophecy2.jpg
    prophecy2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 123
  • prophecy.jpg
    prophecy.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 126
  • diamondkalikabaroness28k.jpg
    diamondkalikabaroness28k.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 135

rarebirdz

Okotoks said:
rarebirdz said:
thx

Okotoks

I did the following search on the ASA.
It returned a list of 136 bulls. I included the minmums for weaning and yearling because those would be the numbers I want. If you lower those the list is pretty long!
Search Parameters
Birth Wt. max. 0 Weaning Wt. Min. +15 Yearling Wt. Minimum+25 Milk Minimum 0

http://search.shorthorn.org/default.aspx

Attachments

• Top 15 of 136 low BW.pdf
    186.1 KB · Views: 258
  • page 1.jpg
    page 1.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 220
  • page 2.jpg
    page 2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 225