Shorty hf bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

r.n.reed

r.n.reed said:
IMF numbers are more meaningful to me if I know how the animal was raised and have the BF# as well.

[/quote]

I am a huge fan of 329 but as it was brought to my attention that IMF has more meaning with how the bull was raised and what his back fat was at the time of the scan I am curious to know 329's other stats and what he was fed before his scans.
[/quote]

Excellant Jamiediamond

trevorgreycattleco

Shady Lane said:
trevorgreycattleco said:
Shady Lane said:
What is 329's Scrotal Measurements?

Sorry I just noticed this question. sue would remeber better then me but I think when he was collected it was around 35 or 36 cm. He made 419 straws on his first jump and another 220 3 days later. They are not huge but they are ample in my opinion.

Oh ok, and at what age was he collected?

2 and a half years old .

trevorgreycattleco

jaimiediamond said:
sue said:
New pic of 329 - 

BW 69  FR 4.0 IMF 3.93  REA/cwt 1.15
Exteremely linebred - he is at Brock's in Ohio. Photographer is awesome and easy to work with Quinton Keeran.

sue said:
r.n.reed said:
IMF numbers are more meaningful to me if I know how the animal was raised and have the BF# as well.

Call Rob Sneed. I have no idea how they were raised before they were scanned. I will bet you it wasnt with a creep feeder. I have never been there. Sue has. Thats all I need to know. Sorry. That may sound pompous but its the truth. 329 has done above and beyond what I expected him to do on just grass. His calves sure work for me so far. Rob is a breath of fresh air. Call him and talk to him. Its a great chat. IMO, Rob and RN Reed are the two places that we should all model our own operations after. A@T is another. Each do their own thing. Gotta respect that.

Ditto .

I am a huge fan of 329 but as it was brought to my attention that IMF has more meaning with how the bull was raised and what his back fat was at the time of the scan I am curious to know 329's other stats and what he was fed before his scans.

sue

329 is not the bull for the high input high bw breeders  of the shorthorn breed. He is a low input bull raised in a world for the  real world low input commerical breeders. If you seek a linebred  4 frame calving ease bull then call and order semen from cattlevisions. If you seek a act bw bull of 69 lbs to answer all of the questions and problems of the breed of shorthorn then who can you call???. I would start with Ohlde if you dont approve of 329.... good ahead and list another 69 lb act bw bull in the shorthorn breed? 

sue

jaimiediamond said:
sue said:
New pic of 329 - 

Exteremely linebred - he is at Brock's in Ohio. Photographer is awesome and easy to work with Quinton Keeran.

sue said:
r.n.reed said:

Ditto .

RS 329 "as in no creep feed"

rarebirdz

thunderdownunder said:
rarebirdz said:
(pop) time to sit back relax n watch the fireworks.

Mind if I pull up a pew too? :p  (pop)

U can bring the beer <beer> perhaps after a couple drinks we will see were sue is comin from

trevorgreycattleco

My god are you annoying rarebird. Lets all listen to someone who cant tell me one animals bloodline in his super duper herd. He is like this great mystery poster. Hell I even tried in PM's with him to give him a chance. I think you are bogus. Maybe because your in Australia and Canada or wherever rarebirdz lives that you cant understand her. I did just fine. Rob Sneed has proven over time he has better carcass data along with the cows that stay more then anybody.  Tell me somebody who does it better? How bout you TDU. Why is it only a handful of bulls ever made it here from your neck of the woods????  Any 69 lb bw heifer bulls down there that in turn, those calves really grow and cut good? How bout you rarebirdz? Oh wait you wouldnt know what it would be. You just select on type right? and eyeball?

You folks just keep doing your thing. Those few of us who decide to do our own thing will wave to you folks who choose to follow as we pass you by. If you cant understand sue, you two should adjust your glasses and read between the lines.

Get some salt for that popcorn rarebirdz. Your the best cattlemen in the whole wide world. <beer>

trevorgreycattleco

sue said:
jaimiediamond said:
sue said:
New pic of 329 - 

sue said:
r.n.reed said:

Ditto .

RS 329 "as in no creep feed"

Here is a idea. GRASS AND MILK!!!!!!! Can you understand that plentyochickenz? I mean rarebirdz.

rarebirdz

329 has 4im with wat bf? Tgcc that was wat was asked. ur sues lap dog u cant even see when she is goin.nutty for no reason

trevorgreycattleco

My 5 year old spells better then you do. His epd's says his backfat epd is .01 but that is only a PE epd so who knows. Im not sure what your getting at. If your trying to rip on the bull or the breeder or sue? Im far from her lap dog. I do my own thing pretty good. I just happen to be her friend and I KNOW she is honest. Its been proven to me over and over again. Your so persistent about his BF epd yet you dont know any bloodlines of our own cattle. I could of had a few 329 calves scanned last year but I choose not to. I dont want to spend the money and I already knew how much carcass data was behind the bull from Sneeds. So who cares. My freezer beef customers sure dont care about ultrasound data. I guess I could have Completes half brother scanned this year along with some 329 heifers just to conform for you rarebirdzy. I think your just trying to pick a fight again. I am more then happy to help you out.  Your opinions are about as useful to me as chicken poop on a pump handle. Lap dog. You got alot room to talk. I know of lots of folks who say the same thing about you. <beer>

rarebirdz

trevorgreycattleco said:
My 5 year old spells better then you do. His epd's says his backfat epd is .01 but that is only a PE epd so who knows. Im not sure what your getting at. If your trying to rip on the bull or the breeder or sue? Im far from her lap dog. I do my own thing pretty good. I just happen to be her friend and I KNOW she is honest. Its been proven to me over and over again. Your so persistent about his BF epd yet you dont know any bloodlines of our own cattle. I could of had a few 329 calves scanned last year but I choose not to. I dont want to spend the money and I already knew how much carcass data was behind the bull from Sneeds. So who cares. My freezer beef customers sure dont care about ultrasound data. I guess I could have Completes half brother scanned this year along with some 329 heifers just to conform for you rarebirdzy. I think your just trying to pick a fight again. I am more then happy to help you out.  Your opinions are about as useful to me as chicken poop on a pump handle. Lap dog. You got alot room to talk. I know of lots of folks who say the same thing about you. <beer>

Lol it was jds question not mine ur bein as dense as ur master I mean friend. Stil no answer I see perhaps it means the real answer doesnt benefit the bull? Btw I do no carcass scans better then pedigre as it wat directly affects my bank balance. Pedigre is something for u purebred breders im gets higher with age and is afected by feed

jaimiediamond

I talked to sue today on the phone since this has become another shorty heifer bulls circus. 

The question I posed on sp was regarding the IM sue will answer for me when she has time to go through her files :)

rarebirdz

<beer> what age was he for the scan?  Im improvs with age so this maters Is the im adjustd or actul? Wat was he fed how long? Do the files show that info?

vanridge

rarebirdz said:
trevorgreycattleco said:

Lol it was jds question not mine ur bein as dense as ur master I mean friend. Stil no answer I see perhaps it means the real answer doesnt benefit the bull? Btw I do no carcass scans better then pedigre as it wat directly affects my bank balance. Pedigre is something for u purebred breders im gets higher with age and is afected by feed

No offense rarebirdz but pedigree is not just for purebred breeders. I keep records of all my commercial cows as to what calf she had, her birth weight, sire, dam, weaning weights etc. How else are we going to improve our herd if we don't know what we have? That way we can replacement heifers not just on looks and growth but also on what her dam, grand dam etc has been doing for us. I think this is a very important part of beef farming. And I also really think we gotta stop drawing that line in the sand where purebred breeders are on one side and commercial guys are on the other. We are all in the same business. Put the swords down and have a beer!  <beer>

trevorgreycattleco

rarebirdz said:
<beer> what age was he for the scan?  Im improvs with age so this maters Is the im adjustd or actul? Wat was he fed how long? Do the files show that info?

sue has the file and she is busy at the moment so I will shoot from memory. I picked 329 up in March of 2009. He was born Feb 2008. The test was done at this point.  So he was scanned no older then a year. I just tried to call Rob Sneed as well. No answer. When I have the rest of your answers, you will be the first to know. The test was done in coperation with A@T Cattle, and was done in northwest Nebraska. Im sure Aaron can tell you exactly what he ate and for how long as well.

With that said, I find it odd your so curious about a certain epd but not pedigrees. I have said my scpheel already so I ill leave it at that. One thing I think ALL shorthorn breeders can agree on is that shorthorns marble and they marble very well. Regardless of what bull you use, they just naturally marble better then most angus. They are also as tender if not more tender. I have ate alot of both breeds right here at home. They are both good but the shorties just cut better, look better, and taste better. Even my arch enemy Rodeo Drive gave me some cows that made steers that ate pretty good.  Rarebirdz, I'll have a beer with you anytime.  Im anxious to see how Prophecy works for you rarebirdz. I think you will be back for more shorthorns. Stop by anytime. I will show you a cool little group of some shorthorn angus calves.

thunderdownunder

trevorgreycattleco said:
My god are you annoying rarebird. Lets all listen to someone who cant tell me one animals bloodline in his super duper herd. He is like this great mystery poster. Hell I even tried in PM's with him to give him a chance. I think you are bogus. Maybe because your in Australia and Canada or wherever rarebirdz lives that you cant understand her. I did just fine. Rob Sneed has proven over time he has better carcass data along with the cows that stay more then anybody.  Tell me somebody who does it better? How bout you TDU. Why is it only a handful of bulls ever made it here from your neck of the woods????  Any 69 lb bw heifer bulls down there that in turn, those calves really grow and cut good? How bout you rarebirdz? Oh wait you wouldnt know what it would be. You just select on type right? and eyeball?

You folks just keep doing your thing. Those few of us who decide to do our own thing will wave to you folks who choose to follow as we pass you by. If you cant understand sue, you two should adjust your glasses and read between the lines.

Get some salt for that popcorn rarebirdz. Your the best cattlemen in the whole wide world. <beer>

What's with the personal attack trevor?

ETA- how many of YOUR bulls have made it down here? You clearly have no idea of what is going on down here. Do some research.