Should i feed brewers grain or not.

Help Support Steer Planet:

DESTEER

HI i have a question ( im a long time reader just dont post that much ) i I am feeding out 6 steers for our fair ( Its in the last week of july but we are also showing alot untill then we will be at V.C.C.P in jan. ) right now i am feeding 2.5 percent of there body weight of a good show steer feed that we have had very good results with but we feed brewers grain to all of our pasture cows . ( we get as much as we want for free every week ) the brewers grain is 95 % rolled barley would it hurt to also feed it to the show steers i dont want to take away any of the show feed but just add like 5 - 8 lbs per day per steer just for more finnish and as a filler, our steers are from 450 lbs to 800 lbs right now and the show feed is 12 % show steer.  thanks Dale

Beach Limousin

We also have a surplus supply of brewers grain. We feed our show calves 3% of there body weight on average. We substitute 20% of there feed with the brewers grain. We have just been doing this for about 3-4 months but it has worked so far. We do notice more spring and guts in the calves with the brewers grain. Hope this helps.