show steer lmao

Help Support Steer Planet:

lightnin4

When I was in college a friend of mine judged one of the area county fairs where they had a Belgian Blue show (for some reason they were the "fad thing" at the time).  After he had selected the Supreme champion bull and female from all the breeds, we were talking to some folks at the show and one of the Belgian Blue breeders walked up and thanked him for considering the blues for supreme, but he understood that he HAD to pick one of the traditional breeds for champion! (lol)

Bradenh

and check out the smoth soundness off of the front feet. i thank he can class apendix shorty  O0

justintime

You may laugh here, but in Britain, the belgian blues are one of the most used breeds. Two years ago, at the Royal Highland show in Edinburgh, they had one of the largest shows. I saw some pretty good herds of half blood belgian blue females. I will try to find some pictures of some.

justintime

First pic is a half blood Belgian Blue cow. She had a steer calf that was pretty good, but I can't seem to find a picture of him. He was sired by a Shorthorn bull, and was a beautiful roan. The second picture is a bull shown at the Royal Highland show. I have to say that some of these full blood cattle were about as structurally unsound as I have ever seen but I have to admit that I did see a pile of half blood cows that I was impressed with.

Attachments

• DSC00700s.JPG
    DSC00700s.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC00649sm.jpg
    DSC00649sm.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 176