Show steers lost in fire

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

Stories like this tear a person's heart out! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. When disasters like this hit, a person wonders how they will carry on, but you start by picking up the pieces and moving on. The good news is that hard times often make us more balanced and better adjusted people. You have lots of SP friends, most you have never met,but, I am sure most would be willing to help in any way they can. Even talking to someone in times like this, can be a big help. Don't be afraid to reach out if you need assistance.

STX108

My condolences on your family's loss...I know that the livestock industry is a family affair and affects each member differently...good will come out of this just you wait and see...my daughter lost one of her three steers last year to an accidental electrocution...I am just glad it was not a child...she has since recovered from the loss...we were truly blessed that the other two steers were Champion Maine at our county & Champion ABC at our regional show...God Bless!

GONEWEST

I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Just makes me sick.

russfarm

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.  Prayers for you and your family.

HAB

Our thought and prayers to your family.  We lost our barn to a fire a few years back, but fortunately no animals.  Like others have said, you have lots of friends on SP.

Simmymom1

(angel)  This is why I love SteerPlanet so much...we are like a family.  Thank you all for the prayers and the kind words.  Today it just killed me to take my daughter to school, she was supposed to be out all this week and I was going to take a vacation week.  Today would have been check-in for her county steer, tomorrow she would have shown...it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I will be at work all week instead of out at the fair.  I know I will go out tomorrow to support all of the other kids at the steer show, not sure if my daughter will go.  I think it might be too much for her.  Please continue to pray for Shelby, she is going to have a tough week with the fair in full swing.  I thank God for all of you and your support!!  Lisa

Cowboy

Lisa -- you tell that girl that ole Cowboy is thinkig of her -- I sure wish I had something here to replace that steer for her to go show. I know the rules won't allw it, but it would be nice if she could take something else in there -- it wouldn't be the same, but it might help her thru it all.

I wish you folks the best of luck and success with rebuilding, it will be hard I know, but time heals alot.

If there is ANYTHING at all I can do from here, don't hesitate to call or write -- as they say in the tax business, -- I know PEOPLE.

Good luck from here on hon, you will make it -- and you will be better for it -- it grows strength in us all!

Terry

chambero

I hate this story.  The good side is you will find out just how many friends you have. 

mooch

Kids are tough , Hope the pain passes quickly and she feels better and ready to get back at it .Sounds like a great kid.

SlickTxMaine

Such a tragic, heart wrenching story!  I am so very sorry for your loss.  This week will definitely be difficult for your daughter, but remind her that your family is still intact, and she has to keep moving forward and look forward to the next calf.  Good luck and prayers your way.

lowann

I think we all have that terrible fear of a barn fire, and what could happen.
We love our animals and try to take such good care of them. Something like this is devastating.
Being a show cattle family ourselves, I know how close I get to those  steers.
Lisa, you and your family are in my prayers.
(angel) (angel)

forbes family farms

Prayers to the family from Forbes Family Farms sending good wishes your way  (angel) (angel) (angel)

I couldn't imagine losing any of my calves i love them all i know how you feel

Simmymom1

All of you have been so supportive and uplifting, and I just want to say "Thank You" to all of you.  So many have sent me PM's and I have not had time to respond, but you are on my mind.  I think Chambero summed it up the other day with his post when he said "I hate this story".  I hate this story too....but there is going to be another chapter to this story and it is going to get better, just going to take some time to get there.

I have to say that we all pulled it together as a family and went to watch our County Steer show last night, the one where Shelby would have shown in, up until seven days ago.  It was tough to go out there and watch, but it was part of the "healing process".  We wanted to go out there and support all of the other kids in their efforts in the show.  I will tell you that we all three left with a smile on our faces.  We will make it through this, last night just proved it to me.  Love you all - Lisa

chambero

Hardest thing to teach a kid is to get back up when you've REALLY been knocked down.  Part of getting back up is supporting others when deep down you want no part of it.  Glad she went to the show.

jallen

Sorry for your loss and hope everything gets turned around and like many have said if theres anything you need I am sure that sp will help with it. Prayers are with you