Show String Pics!

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowboy_nyk

I took some pictures of my show string the other day and I'd thought I'd share.  It's been -30 of colder here for months so they have not been washed/rinsed like you southerners prefer.  The show is next week. 

First pic is my clubby heifer sired by Critical Mass
Second Pic  is a purebred Angus Heifer sired by N7's Elvis 9Y
Third pic is a purebred Angus heifer sired by Belvin Tres Marias Patron
Fourth pic is a purebred Simmental steer.  Super smooth for a 1400lb steer that's barely a year old!  And he was a twin!

Attachments

• 20140324_182930.jpg
    20140324_182930.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 10A.jpg
    10A.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 51A.jpg
    51A.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Steer.jpg
    Steer.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 227

cowboy_nyk

Well we survivied another show.  I honestly feel like I'm getting too old for this!  We had a great week though.

Grand Champion Market Steer!

51A won her class.

The clubby heifer won her class and was 3rd place overall!  I'll post updated pics once I get the CD from the photographer.

Attachments

• 20140405_160050_resized.jpg
    20140405_160050_resized.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • 20140404_173924_resized.jpg
    20140404_173924_resized.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 147

OH Breeder

Your black and white female looks completely different inside tied up than she did in the lot. LIke all three females. I think with today's bulls for club calves its good to have different types of females for different bulls. I love a more compact deeper made female like your first black one or second pic although I realize the third heifer is very eye appealing and what most go for.
Good for you on steer what was his breeding that'd be some mighty good AVD.

cowboy_nyk

It's tough to make a clubby look good when you can't rinse them for months at a time!  The best part about her is how functional she seems to be in her structure.  Excellent feet and legs as well at teat placement and size.

The more compact heifer (10A) is every bit as wide as the black & white heifer (which is rare for an angus) but she definitely can appear a little coarse in her front end in the show ring.  I'm breeding her Bismarck this year so that should help with that part.  Thanks for the kind words.  I sure appreciate her type and it's nice to hear that others can as well.

Honestly, I can tell you very little about the steer.  We purchased him from a neighbor as a nurse calf.  He was a twin that was knuckled over and couldn't walk.  We taped pop bottles around his front legs and tied a skin form the dead calf to his back and gave him to a first calf heifer.  Needless to say, I sure noticed him at weaning time when he was weighing 800+lbs!