Showmaster Feed

Help Support Steer Planet:

dhs

This is our first year of feeding showmasters feed, and I have been very pleased with our results so far.

Wiley

thats all i used in high school, its really good, just be careful some times you can get a bad bunch and when you do the calves will not touch the stuff.

olsencattleco

We have been very pleased with showmaster over the last 20 years or so. We have never fed anything else. What i love about it is its consistency. Unlike a few other showfeed lines, acco does not use the least cost ration, which means whatever grain is cheaper for that period, it is used in the ration, Acco uses the same locked in formula for every batch. Yes, like every feed there is going to be a bad batch, just take it back to your dealer and get more. We full feed it in the creep feeder to our babies and all of our customers that we have control over use it.

My suggestion would be not to use the showmaster finisher though. We have always just used the showmaster grower and add flake corn to it when its time. Its alot easier to back off the corn when you are adding it if they get a little loose than if feeding the finisher, and the grower has alot more hulls in it as well.

eric

rtmcc

We switched from grind and mix to Showmaster last month.  I can't believe the difference it has made in the heifers.  Better consumptions, improved hair, a much fuller deeper look and we are getting caught up on weight gains.  We love the feed.  The plastic type bags it comes in sure helps keep it fresh. <cowboy>

TMJ Show Cattle

Showmaster has been a mainstay in the Southwest for many years.It is as good as any Purina feed and probably better. But even Showmaster has good competition these days,however most of it comes from Private mix formula's.It is not the ONLY good show feed that is on the market however. I fed it for over 20 years myself and thought I couldn't live without it in the ration. Kent show formula is just as good as any other.I have heard good things about Umbarger feeds.There are some newer brands that are starting to make some headway into this competitive market,which should keep price's at bay a little more. Most of the bigger companies have lost a lot of smaller operations bussiness because they have priced themselves out of touch with reality. Wonder what some of the NAME feeders and FITTERS would be feeding if not for some hefty compensation from the larger mills? I think we all know that answer.

BIGTEX

I fed Showmaster over 20 years ago. It was the "best" back then and is still around and just as popular. This is what I call establishing a BRAND NAME. What a job they have done marketing and keeping themselves current with the new trends. I think mixing your own feed is the best way, but Showmaster is a close second.

6M Ranch

Been getting inconsistent mix at the local elevator, so we are looking at other feeds.  Local store started carrying it this spring.  $12/bag with the discount.

TMJ Show Cattle

I understand the inconsisistency of local mills. However,if you have your own formula,it should not be a problem I wouldn't think. Although I have experienced the same problem with larger companies too. I'm not trying to get into a war of words with anyone about Showmaster feeds,like I said,I fed it for over twenty years and liked it alot. Hell I used to work for Acco feeds in OKC. The only problem with showmaster and Purina,and some others is the price. It was too damn high 20 years ago and it's still too high. When you are fortunate enough to find feed that the cattle really like,and there is not a nickel's worth of difference in the formula,and it's nearly 150.00 a ton less,well, thats what I feed.

Jill

Have to agree with TMJ on this one, we have fed about everything through the years and I have come to the conclusion that if you have a balanced ration you are feeding on a consistant basis there isn't a nickle's worth of difference in any of them.  I don't know about you, but I can't feed 480/ton feed and if corn goes back up your feed will go back up with it, I know it has been up to 15.00 per bag this year, and I just can't justify that for any feed.