Sim bull 'High Pockets' & WLE-C SA Snafu

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

more junk to screw up your herd and customers with once again verifying you have no plan

kfacres

knabe said:
more junk to screw up your herd and customers with once again verifying you have no plan

plan or no plan... it doesn't matter two cents on a history lesson.  That stuff isn't worth a nickel in my book-- but it could be worth something to someone. 

I wonder if either were black bulls-- cuz if they were red-- they should be used on other fullblooded red females-- for a booster shot of quality-- I'm guessing.  ;) (clapping)

knabe

Cut the BS said:
knabe said:

plan or no plan... it doesn't matter two cents on a history lesson.  That stuff isn't worth a nickel in my book-- but it could be worth something to someone. 

I wonder if either were black bulls-- cuz if they were red-- they should be used on other fullblooded red females-- for a booster shot of quality-- I'm guessing.   ;) (clapping)

summary.  worthless in your book, but customer may not listen to you like you claim you want them to, so sell them semen you think is worthless.

typical.

frostback

Cut the BS said:
knabe said:

plan or no plan... it doesn't matter two cents on a history lesson. 

When people give you their opinions or history in their book, you question the account. You really think anyone would chime in after what you tell people that do answere your questions.

Stargell8

Snafu, Barry Wesner bull,black and polled.Might be a Zinger son,not positive.I believe the bull is from the 90's.

ALTSIMMY 79

WLE Snafu was a black DS Black Zinger son , high growth bull. He was shown in Denver in 1999 I believe. ASR Cactus Red on the bottom side of the pedigree.

leanbeef

Snafu was a big show bull...he won Sweepstakes, Louisville and Denver the same year Black Joker was showing. I'll let you decide which bull was the better bull based on the number of progeny you've ever seen or heard about out of those two...

High Pockets, unless there is another bull with that name, is an old OLD sire that was with NBI (New Breeds Industry, now out of business)...like from the late 1970s / early 1980s maybe?... I think he might have been an Alpine Polled Proto son, but that's a total guess. I do remember him...not a real pretty bull. We never used him, but my guess is that he might have made some decent females...maybe. Proto was a real cow maker! You should be able to look him up on ASA's website. I don't know if you'd be able to find semen on him any more. I'm sure I have an NBI catalog somewhere that would have a picture of him. Maybe...

sunny

High Pockets was a red & white Simmental carried by Select Sires in the 80's.  We had a few cows out of him.  Tall and leggy like they wanted back then, craziest cows we ever had on the farm!  I was young, dumb, and liked a good challenge back then, but I wouldn't put up with them for a minute now!