Simmental bull High Roller...

Help Support Steer Planet:

DakotaCow

Chris Bingham said:
I will scan a picture of his dam tonight and post on here.

He would have been sheared prior to that picture being taken. I added a picture taken from his other side on here.

I hate to burst your bubble but that picture is not of the other side. Its simply a negative. I could be wrong if this bull has perfect symmetrical color markings.

Chris Bingham

DakotaCow said:
Chris Bingham said:
I will scan a picture of his dam tonight and post on here.

He would have been sheared prior to that picture being taken. I added a picture taken from his other side on here.

I hate to burst your bubble but that picture is not of the other side. Its simply a negative. I could be wrong if this bull has perfect symmetrical color markings.

Sorry about that. I wasnt even paying attention when I came across the picture!  (lol)

Titangurl

stangs13 said:
AStar said:
It's funny how most people dog a summer pic of a bull. It's not a hairy calf pic and some people just can't see past it.

Im with you on this one...I see a nice bull, that is not fat..

I totally agree some people just can't see an animal without hair, in the real world these are the type of pictures we should see of these bulls.  Seeing them slick really lets us analyze them instead of analyzing a great clip job.  Yes he gets a tick plain, but he's really great in his lines got a good foot under him and definitely not a fat bull just a real one.

Telos

I don't think the picture makes him look either fat or plain. I like that he appears very smooth in his overall make- up and especially smooth jointed. He should add some hybrid vigor to most programs.

We'll just have to wait and see how his females work out.  I'll bet they're going to be good though.

AStar

kfacres said:
Astar and Titan... I'll rival your eye- eye to eye any day!!!

You already lost kfacres. I can clearly see the bull is not overly fat. :'(

stangs13

When you look at his flanks, heart girth, brisket, neck and shoulder lay( smooth, but not im a fat calf smooth), tail head, etc...you dont see any excess fat build up...dont know where you get plain from either...I think he is very nice, nothing is hidden under hair...a truly good bull.

WFCC

i simply said from his picture he looks fat, and it has nothing to do with the hair. lets ask someone who has seen him in person? what do they think? thats the best advice!

j3cattleco

Talked to a buddy that saw the bull sell and when the pictured him and said the bull was all there and wasn't fat.  He thought he was better than his picture even.

Joshua

Shearem

A friend of mine was at the sale and said he is really good, even better than any of the Angus bulls in that sale (Currency and a few other ones).  He said he was super sound, right sized, and soft made for a PB Simmental.  I'm thinking about using him on some high% Angus cows for some replacements.

Titangurl

AStar said:
kfacres said:
Astar and Titan... I'll rival your eye- eye to eye any day!!!

You already lost kfacres. I can clearly see the bull is not overly fat. :'(

I agreed you lost kfacres this bull clearly has none of the tell tale signs of being overly fat.  Nor going over your prior posts of the bull I do not see where you say he is short sided or round.  I believe this bull has good length and a great hip that is level and not at all rounded.  He looks to me to be a bull that you could turn out with about any type of cow and get a good calf.  Maybe not a barn burner but a predictable solid easy feeding calf.