Simmental Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

sammie smith

Can anyone tell me what are the names of the hotest new simmi bulls? I'm buying a semen tank this week and need to fill it up! Looking for calving ease, shape, and show ring style (clean throats--no heavy dew laps, please). Please make some suggestions.

ALTSIMMY 79

The talk lately has been mainly Redition , Fat Butt , and Ebonys Grandmaster . Everybody is gonna tell you different things but those three would be a good start along with some Steel Force , In Dew Time , and Built Right . And if you have some Angus cows 3C Macho works pretty well.

kfacres

sammie smith said:
Can anyone tell me what are the names of the hotest new simmi bulls? I'm buying a semen tank this week and need to fill it up! Looking for calving ease, shape, and show ring style (clean throats--no heavy dew laps, please). Please make some suggestions.

then you'd better not get into Simi's...

If you're just after HOTEST NEW SIMMI BULLS, then I really doubt you need to be breeding cattle.. The industy is plenty full of the people who are just breeding for fads...  Now if you're wanting to mate for a breeding program which will help the industry,, then that's a different story..

Sorry, I just feel like speaking the TRUTH.

vc

The Truth, your truths always sound like bias opinions more than the TRUTH, not Knowing what type cows SS has are what their goal is, they may be trying to produce cows and still have a market for the steers or they just preffer the Simmental over other breeds. If they are breeding for show steers they are not really looking at improving any breed now are they, it is more about what will sell now, and if it is heifers for showing it basically follows the same rule.

Do your thing and be happy with what you are doing, and let others follow the path they choose.

advocate

Jody you know nothing that what simmental breeding has become make everything dream on blood then switch to the hot new outcross its better now though theres at least 3 hot bulls instead of just one

kfacres

advocate said:
Jody you know nothing that what simmental breeding has become make everything dream on blood then switch to the hot new outcross its better now though theres at least 3 hot bulls instead of just one

And neither do you... You're nothing but a shithorn lover...  I've never claimed to know anything about Sim bulls... Don't care to.. Just know that if I had them, every cow would get mated to Rendition or Dream On.. and I wouldn't be afraid to linebreed around Dream On...  

I also do know that Dream On has done more for the Sim breed, than any other bull has single handedly done for any other breed.  DO helped fix the commercial Sim problems and make them a huge player (now), helped make Sim's competitive in the showring, and even helped the club calf type Sim guys make females that actually work.  That bull flat out was Mr. Fix It, for the Simmental world.  He deserved every bit of being "HOT" and "NEW" and most importantely "GREAT"- for his 10 years, or whatever it was in service.  

It doesn't matter what breed we are discussing, but when people come onto the scene asking for the 'hot and new', just for the sake of 'hot and new' to fill a semen tank.. that's pittiful in my eyes..  Do some homework on your own herd and what it needs.

Now, I'm not promoting only using "tried and true" (boy that's a nice rhyme), because without 'hot and new', we don't make progress; but stay stuck in the past.  

In my operation, of many colors and ideas, I'm prob more apt to try out 'new', more so than either 'hot' or 'tried'-- why I think outside the box.  But I can guarentee that I'm not picking 'new', just to be new-- but what they might bring to the table of potential from what I've seen in their parentage, and to be different.  

Pipeliner

Haha point vc- 1, the truth-0. The truth is that there was a simple question asked and that was........what everyone thinks is the new and hottest bulls in the simmi breed? To me that is a form of research is it not? If you don't know what's hot and new in your breed your behind the times and it's up to the individual to decide to use the bull or not. Some people use new hot bulls that I wouldn't use for a clean up bull. Does that make them wrong? No it just means I'll go one way with my herd and they can go another.

twistedhshowstock

Jody - Nobody was knocking Dream On, he was a great bull.  But he is your answer to EVERYTHING it seems. There are a lot of Dream On Cattle out there, and if you truly want the breed to progress then you have to find an outcross somewhere.  That is where the new bulls come into play.  Will they all be hits? Absolutely not, but we will never know which ones work until people try them. Its just like the promotional sire debate every yr around Denver. There are a handfull of people that throw in their 2 cents about the number of promotional bulls when only a few of them will be big.  Truth is they all have potential going in or they wouldnt be there, we arent gonna know which ones work until there are calf crops on the ground.  And different types work with different cows. Maybe this person has a diverse herd so needs different types of bulls to compliment each one.

kfacres

twistedhshowstock said:
Jody - Nobody was knocking Dream On, he was a great bull.  But he is your answer to EVERYTHING it seems. There are a lot of Dream On Cattle out there, and if you truly want the breed to progress then you have to find an outcross somewhere.  That is where the new bulls come into play.  Will they all be hits? Absolutely not, but we will never know which ones work until people try them. Its just like the promotional sire debate every yr around Denver. There are a handfull of people that throw in their 2 cents about the number of promotional bulls when only a few of them will be big.  Truth is they all have potential going in or they wouldnt be there, we arent gonna know which ones work until there are calf crops on the ground.  And different types work with different cows. Maybe this person has a diverse herd so needs different types of bulls to compliment each one.

wow i never said I wouldn't use a new bull.. re-read my post..

What I was saying is that I don't think somebody should be asking and buying semen on, and then breeding cows only cuz the bull is late and great..

reread my posts.. (pop)