Simmental Sires Progeny Characteristics

Help Support Steer Planet:

simmentalgal

I am curious what some people experience is with different Simmental bulls and what they seemed to throw. I have a small herd of AWESOME Simmental cows and every cow produces an exceptional calf every year. I would like to continue to improve my herd and I like to use A.I sires and I look at a lot of sales catalogs, online auctions, and who is winning in the ring. But I would like some additional information

What Simmental bulls would be recommended for movement and structure?
What Simmental bulls are producing a lot of muscle on large frame cows?
What Simmental bulls are you using for 2014 and why?
I bred a few heifers to Uno Mas as well... Any experiences with him?

Just for fun attached is a back end picture of a 3C Macho cow :) She is bred to BMR Explorer son for 2014 

Attachments

• Pookie Rear2.jpg
    Pookie Rear2.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 186

BogartBlondes

I have some Combustibles due soon. I used him to strengthen hooks to pins. That is one of the main faults in my cow herd. I've also used Uno Mas in the past, they were no more than ok for me, inconsistent in my herd.
Broker seems to be throwing some really sound patterned cattle with some added show appeal.
Upgrade is okay, I would like to see more width of base in his calves.
On Target is probably one of the best bulls I've used for soundness, eye appeal, calving ease and weaning gain. He really clicked with my herd.
If you wanted some red Top Gun adds lots of muscle.
Macho seems to make calves that move well but I fault them in thickness of loin.
Hope this helps.