Simmi Breeder Questions

Help Support Steer Planet:

Franke

Hey just wondering what everyone was breeding their desperado cows to? We have a bunch of them and was looking for a bull to breed them all to.

Thanks Franke

husker1

Another crazy numbers deal.  The Desperados seem to be good cows, and all of ours except one have milked above average.  Had a pretty darn good one out of Built Right.  Like the above post said...anything with a decent milk number.

kanshow

Another crazy numbers deal.  The Desperados seem to be good cows, and all of ours except one have milked above average.
Same here.  We have several Cutting Edge & Despardo daughters & they are good cows that milk good.  Ours tend to be a little framier with a little more set to the hind legs but that could be coming from the cow side too.    You can go alot of directions with these cows.  I AI'd a lot of them to Macho this year so will tell you how that works next spring.  We've got a Circlet Antionette Star (Dream On son) heifer out of one of them that the my daughter will be showing next year.  Also have a pretty nice Mama's Boy calf on one. 

Franke

I was thinking of maybe trying GW Lucky Man or a Dream On son of sorts, just wondering if anyone has had any calves out of Lucky Man or what Dream On son seams to work the best.

Thanks in advance,
Franke

GLZ

The list of Dream On sons is long and gettign longer.

A Dream On son with tons of milk is Built Right.  He can and will throw lots of white, and is heterozygous black, however he makes some great mamas.

Simmgirl03

I have two first calf Lucky Man (simmangus) heifers that are bred for November In Focus calves right now.  They are very broody girls!  Definitely not the fanciest in terms of show ring eye appeal but I have some high hopes for these ladies in my herd.  They are very easy fleshing; perhaps too easy, even just being on grass all spring and summer I'm worried they are too heavy and I have been keeping them on limited pasture.  My biggest problem is finding someone with experience with these calves to help decide which Simmental bull to breed them back to.  I'm thinking about going with Mo Better but haven't fully decided yet.

Sorry about the quality of the attached picutres, I took them with my cell phone the day I brought the girls home early this spring and they hadn't shed out yet very well yet.  If you are interested, I can get some better pictures of them tonight after work.

Attachments

• IMG00060.jpg
    IMG00060.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG00059.jpg
    IMG00059.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 170