Simmi Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

BBB

All you simmi experts, What would you breed a Fortunate son x Dream On heifer too, she is going to be a real ground sow,open to 1/2 bloods or 3/4 bloods or full bloods , lets hear some thoughts, thanks

GLZ

Depends what direction you want to go.

Purebred wise

I think Trademark would work well on that mating.

If you are looking for true calving ease, maybe someone like Hustler.  ( I am not a huge fan of his, but he makes them tiny and alive)

I just bought some Grandmaster for the tank that I am going to use on heifers this year.  Check out the back to the basics sale catalog, as there are quite a few Grandmaster calves on it.

advocate

Month majic month better out of a thomas bred cow that originated from akers in ky and a he's a baldy

Bulldaddy

Sounds like she is moderate and deep from your description of "ground sow."  If she weren't a heifer, I would be tempted to breed her to Macho.  Since she is a heifer Trademark would work as recommended by GLZ.  I really like the Lucky man calves and have used him on heifers with no problems.  Super EPDs and great dispositions.  Ranchhand, Olie and Goldmine are some others that are proven calving ease sires. Good luck!

FBF

DJ Salution.  Ask Kevin Healy about the DJ Salution x Dream on combination.  Or better yet, ask Bobby May, he bought the top enders from Healy.

JWW

simmi wise - breed her to trademark or ranchhand, we used alot of ranchhand on the heifers w/ dream on in the back ground (and some old genetics too) and worked well, this year all our Dream on line heifers are being bred to trademark or Angus.

if want to breed her Angus - try Magnitude - good calving ease, and worked great on our simmy cows, makes great cows too.

JWW

Dyer Show cattle

I really like my Hooks shear force 38K calves out of my heifers this year. Don't have any heifers with dream on or fortunate sone in their backrounds though. Most of mine go back to angus and Meyer 734. They have all calved unassisted except one sunseeker heifer I had to pull a bull out of, still and easy pull and I don't think it had anything to do with Shear Force. Granddam always throws big calves and so does her sister.