Simmy folks - Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

Davidsonranch

Are there currently any Dream on / NLC upgrade cross bulls out there? Or Dream on / Grandmaster bulls out there that someone can point me out to look at?

I have four straws of Dream On semen in my tank and trying to strategically plan a future breeding to get a new herd bull for our commercial herd.  It will probably be a year or two down the road, but right now I have a few Upgrade cows and Grandmaster cows that we love, love, love. 

Just seeing what is out there to see how these crosses worked?

jd438

Card Uproar and JF American Pride are bred that way.  American Pride has been used some, and looks to be around 500 registered as his get of sire. 
I am sure there are some opinions here on what to use the dream on with. 

Davidsonranch

Thanks for some to look at.  I know Dream On is everywhere and most are looking to the next new thing.  But I don't want to waste these straws.  I personally do not have any Dream On influence right at this point and will be needing a new commercial bull in the next year or two.  Thought about trying to make one.
The growth, WW, and rib eye size of Upgrades is mind blowing to me.  I just thought Upgrade / Dream On would be something to look at.

CAB

I can't help but ask if you are leaning towards the show ring more or the production side. If you are leaning towards the production side, I like your thinking, but if you are more interested in the show ring side of things you may want to consider the Meyer 734 bloodline. Meyer still pulls some weight in a clb calf pedigree. Meyer 734 semen has become way more reasonable here lately. Just couldn't help but to mention it. Also if you are leaning the production side of things go take a look at Hooks Shear Force's API #s.