sire for ali heifer?

Help Support Steer Planet:

PG

looking for suggestions for sires to use on my Ali heifer (calving ease)......

PG

This is a picture of her at about 8 months.... she is 15 months now.. hope this helps..

Attachments

• Ali Heifer.JPG
    Ali Heifer.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 139

CJC

I would use a Angus bull on her. Call Phil Lautner or Harlan Yocham and ask them what works best on his daughters.

justme

I love my Money Man calves.  She looks like she has a nice clean neck (from what I can see) so he should compliment her well.

I did try some Gigolo Joe on my heifers...patiently awaiting them.  Loved the Joe calves I've seen so far

PG

Found a more recent picture.... This is about a month ago.... I think i will go with money man... Thanks everyone for your help...

PG

PG said:
Found a more recent picture.... This is about a month ago.... I think i will go with money man... Thanks everyone for your help...

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 126

tadpole

Nighty Night.  I will have three of them this year and the first one is due the 6th of Feb.  I will try and post some pictures when the baby is born

PG

tadpole said:
Nighty Night.  I will have three of them this year and the first one is due the 6th of Feb.  I will try and post some pictures when the baby is born

Thanks...

LSF

We had a first calf Ali heifer last year that we bred to Hard Core.  She calved unassisted, low birth weight, and got a really nice steer.  I would sure be willing to try that combination again.

xxcc

knabe said:
daine's icon
gvc momentum
pc metric

metric may be good when she's a proven calver, but as a heifer, I think I might be careful.  my suggestions might include some older bulls, Chill Factor, DJ Caesar or Witch Doctor if you want higher percentage Maine influence.

i might speculate that Semex is suggesting use of Gigiloe Joe on Ali females because of how many are probably out there and that it may boost their sales.

for Angus, I agree, Northern Improvement, or some type of OCC/GCC bull, Magnitude or similar.  You won't be disappointed with Next Step or Emblazon either.

PG

Thanks... I may back away from what i said... thanks for the response.. I will look into all of those bulls... I like that hard core produced a nice steer.....