slow down health care

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

"i will not stop fighting for you"

i thought democrats thought fighting, war, etc was wrong and we need to just talk.

personally, government needs to evaluate what is in the way of individual transactions and tracking them.

personally, i think it's the byzantine tax policy.  you should be taxed on income.  no exemptions, no nothing.  there would be no need for 99.9995% of the IRS and one's 1040 could simply be two lines.  one, how much did you make, line two, tax.

think of the economic stimulus.  think of land valuations based on what could be produced from it rather than speculation for government mandated growth, which is the basis for keeping government ponzi schemes from being bankrupt today like social security, medicare etc.

Show Heifer

box6rranch said:
New bumper sticker ideas...............add yours

You voted for him, I didn't. Having fun yet?

How about in Mass (where the ol' rep beat the ol'dem despite the rep being 30 points ahead in the poles 3 weeks prior to the election)    BUMPER STICKER:  YES WE CAN and YES WE DID.

knabe

here's why it's useful to discuss politics.

Federal authorities on Friday closed Charter Bank, a closely held, family-run financial institution known for its financing of low-income housing in New Mexico and for the philanthropy of its owners. …

Last fall, Office of Thrift Supervision examiners, responding to the national collapse of real estate development, ordered Charter to increase its allowance for loan losses from $10.8 million to $55.4 million, even though Charter had no delinquent commercial construction loans and only .34 percent of the loans in its commercial real estate portfolio were behind on their payments. That order reduced the level of capital Charter had on its books.

Last Wednesday, OTS ordered Charter to find new capital as a buffer against insolvency or face closure.

Charter had hoped to find a buyer, but none appeared. The owners’ stake in the company was wiped out by the forced closure.

the notion that the government can TELL a business how to run itself is ridiculous. 

that's why we need LESS government, not more.  the government HATES small successful business and will do everything in it's power to destroy it.

knabe

JbarL said:
....you should try and gather some views of your own, as well.....

here's some more facts.  caution, it's a government document and fact based, so it might be a lie.  i couldn't find the "other side" of this document that might dispute these numbers.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/union2.pdf

note that unions are the LARGEST contributors to political campaigns, but seem to represent the smallest sector of the economy.  it seems to me that if corporations are underrepresented based on their numbers compared to unions which dramatically out dollar ALL other interests.

those poooooooooooooor unions.  all that money and still they cry.

Texas (the second largest state in terms of the number of wage and salary workers) had one-fourth as
many union members as New York (the third largest), despite having 1.9 million more wage and salary
employees.

it's pretty clear that where ever union membership is higher, it appears that that state has economic problems, ie NY, CA etc.

More public sector employees (7.9 million) belonged to a union than did private sector
employees (7.4 million), despite there being 5 times more wage and salary workers in the 
private sector.

In 2009, 7.9 million public sector employees belonged to a union, compared with 7.4 million union
workers in the private sector. The union membership rate for public sector workers (37.4 percent) was
substantially higher than the rate for private industry workers (7.2 percent). Within the public sector,
local government workers had the highest union membership rate, 43.3 percent. This group includes
workers in heavily unionized occupations, such as teachers, police officers, and fire fighters. Private
sector industries with high unionization rates included transportation and utilities (22.2 percent),
telecommunications (16.0 percent), and construction (14.5 percent). In 2009, low unionization rates

occurred in agriculture and related industries (1.1 percent) and financial activities (1.8 percent). (See
table 3.)

knabe

here's some more facts.  obama blames everything on bush, yet he voted for it, and pelosi was in power for two years and all spending originates in the house.  maybe that's why continually blaming bush isn't working, at least to people who understand how the US government works.  then, there's the emotional response.  everything is bush's fault and the democrats didn't help him.  so lets be clear. the 1.3 trillion deficit obama "inherited", he and the rest of the democrats voted for.  now, he and them are making it worse and blaming bush, oops, themselves.

On March 14, 2008, then Sen. Obama voted in favor of the 2009 budget which authorized $3.1 trillion in federal outlays along with a projected $400 billion deficit. The 51-44 vote that morning was strongly along party lines with only two Republicans saying "Yes."
When the final conference report was presented to the House on June 5, not one Republican voted for it.
This means the 2009 budget was almost exclusively approved by Democrats, with "Yeas" coming from Obama, his Vice President Joe Biden, his Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, and his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
On October 1, 2008, Obama, Biden, and Clinton voted in favor of the $700 billion Troubled Assets Relief Program designed to prevent teetering financial institutions from completely destroying the economy.
In February, 2009, a $787 billion stimulus bill was passed with just three Republican votes, and later signed by Obama.
Weeks later, Congress approved and Obama signed $410 billion of additional spending.
Add it all up, and Obama approved every penny spent in fiscal 2009 either via his votes in the Senate or his signature as President.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/01/24/abcs-moran-lets-dem-guests-blame-budget-deficit-bush#ixzz0daxtEamn

cowz

Show Heifer said:
It was reported that Harry Reid called Scott Brown, (new senator) and "welcomed him to the senate and ask him to work with the democrats in passing pending legislation".... 
Translation: "Hello. What is your price?" 

I was trying to keep an open mind when obama was elected, but no longer. He is an egotistical, self serving, dictator that has the attitude of "my way or the highway". Not a good leader, but hellava dictator.
pelosi.... no words can describe her, except several I will not type on here. But she follows obama with her nose up his butt. They have no intentions of working with anyone. They have no intentions of doing what the people want. In fact, between reid, obama, and pelosi they have said, "we will pass whatever we want, and the Amercian People will like it."
Transparency?? Has ANYONE seen any negoations for health care? Did anyone see the Nebraska deal? Louisiana deal? Or the union deal that exempts them from paying health care tax? Anyone?  What about the closed door sessions discussing the airline underware bomber? obama and the tsa authorities said "the system worked"?  WHAT? The only system that worked was good ol' Americans taking things in their own hands and stopping the bomber with their own hands and body.

These three years can not go fast enough to save this country.

I am nominating this post to our HALL OF FAME!    Remember to watch FOX news!    Colorado's one term Democratic governor is not running for a 2nd term.  Kitchen got too hot!

farwest

Is it just coincidece the dow has started to fall back when the democrats lost the 60th seat..???  idk, just makes me wonder, investors know something some of us don't.

Show Heifer

Hey knabe, can you explain how obama, which is now meeting behind closed doors with his "advisors" to re-work his message before his Wednsday night "tell them what they want to hear" speech, is going to back track without going backwards?  I mean, with all that he has said and threatened, how do you "re-connect" with the public without looking like a little boy who took his ball and bat and went home because no one wanted to play with him?  I don't understand all your post, but enjoy reading them!!

the angus111

Obama has surrounded himself with far left loons,then you throw in Pelosi and Reid,and Biden as entertainment and this is what happens.nothing in his speech is going to revive his presidency.he is the captain of this sinking ship and hes going to ride it down.if he would of done what he campaigned on and not tried so hard to payback favors to his cronies,he would probably got a 2nd term.republicans are gutless,they are not go do anything,they should be sharks in the water.rusty

the angus111

aj, i am on a rant now.the republicans have 2 people that have guts to say and do what they say and neither are males.as many egos there is in DC.you would think one of these so called congress men would let them drop and fight.but right now they are hiding behind Palin and Baughman,the Minnesota congresswoman.you guys up north better keep her or your in trouble.rusty

knabe

In his budget for Fiscal Year 2011, to be presented on Monday, February 1, President Obama will propose a three-year hard freeze on non-security discretionary spending, to last from 2011 through 2013.

during the debates.
MCCAIN: How about a spending freeze on everything but defense, veteran affairs and entitlement programs.

LEHRER: Spending freeze?

MCCAIN: I think we ought to seriously consider with the exceptions the caring of veterans national defense and several other vital issues.

LEHRER: Would you go for that?

OBAMA: The problem with a spending freeze is you’re using a hatchet where you need a scalpel. There are some programs that are very important that are under funded. I went to increase early childhood education and the notion that we should freeze that when there may be, for example, this Medicare subsidy doesn’t make sense.

scalpel=hatchet.

how about leaving the states more money rather than taking a 30% loss by filtering it through the federal government?  Start by dismantling the department of energy, the department of education and a few other redundant organizations.

here's a useless program at the NRCS.

http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_1OB/.cmd/ad/.ar/sa.retrievecontent/.c/6_2_1UH/.ce/7_2_5JM/.p/5_2_4TQ/.d/1/_th/J_2_9D/_s.7_0_A/7_0_1OB?PC_7_2_5JM_contentid=2009/12/0617.xml&PC_7_2_5JM_parentnav=LATEST_RELEASES&PC_7_2_5JM_navid=NEWS_REL

everyone knows these things work.  why do we need a federal program?  it's yet another disguised subsidy that interferes with markets.