Smilin Bob

Help Support Steer Planet:

carman

This is from a great customer in Canada that dropped us a note to tell us about the calves that they have.  I will work on getting some pictures but wanted to say Thank you to the family for the email and good luck on the calves this season.

Rusty

Hi,

Just wanted to send you a quick note telling you we LOVE our Bob calves.  Out of all the Clubby bulls we AI’d to last year we feel at this point our Bob calves are the best and most consistent.  Thank you for taking the extra time and expense in getting Bob cleared for Canada.  We live 3 miles from the USA border and often times it is very discouraging when there is that invisible barrier between the countries for certain goods or products.  Thank You again and we will definitely be using more Bob this up coming breeding season.

Tableland Cattle Co
Heather and Wade Brokenshire and Family
Estevan, Saskatchewan

carman

Here is a post on Cattle.com today with bulls ranked with atleast ten calves or more sold and how they rank on averages.

1.Milk Man - $6,506 (16)
2.Smilin Bob - $5,007 (22)
3.Eye Candy - $4,578 (16)
4.Heat Wave - $4,386 (58)
5.Movin On - $4,241 (11)
6.Walks Alone - $3,965 (17)
7.Carpe Diem - $3,753 (18)
8.Monopoly - $3,717 (52)
9.Troubadour - $3,585 (17)
10.Solid Gold - $3,505 (10)

rackranch

We have been looking at show calves for next year and he is stamping consistently good ones.  I think this next year we will see a lot of his offspring in the purple.

Congrats to the owners and breeders of Smilin Bob  (clapping)

carman

Bob is still not better after his injury and not sure at this point if he ever will get better, we do have some plans and some exciting things to come in the near future, should be interesting.

Rusty

carman

I recieved a picture of him last night and he looks good in photo have not seen him in person

Rusty

C

crybaby

carman said:
We live 3 miles from the USA border and often times it is very discouraging when there is that invisible barrier

3 miles plus invisible barrier-- think I'd have a semen tank holder welded on my 4 wheeler-- and would have a heck of a dirt path worn by now...  (dog) ;)

Ohio1

What happend to bob? I saw some really nice ones out of him at goets last fall

bs372280

Our smilin bob's have been amazing so far.  We had a smilin bob out of a calberta hustler/simm cow that is our best calve that we ever raised.  Unbelievable calve.  Two days ago I was thinking he was going to be our top steer by far this year but that night I had a smilin bob out of a who/strictly B. cow.  and he possibly could be better then the first.  Two smilin bobs and two outstanding calves.  I hope the next three are half as good as the first two.  In my opinion you can throw monopoly semen down the drain because he never raised the quality that I'm getting with s-bob at least in my herd. 

carman

bs that is an awesome post and thanks for all of the nice comments, keep me in tune with how the calves turn out and let me know if there is anything that we can do to help you out.  We are Glad that all of you are having great luck with BOB and look forward to what the future may bring for those calves.

Rusty

bs372280

Well this is the smilin bob x who/strictly B calve I mentioned, thinkin he's pretty good

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 588
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 608

bk2005

the calf in my pic is  bob on a playboy/ang cow. that dude is stout. our top calves this year are bobs.

tcf

I have been to Tableland and looked the the Bob calves. Not many think that Canada breeds a lot of clubby's but there are some great ones up here. There is especially one standout at Brokenshires, a red Bob bull calf. His mother is a great female, he is soggy made, square hipped, wide based and haired to the 9's. He does not overpower in bone but holly heck is he sound as a cat and certainly I consider him stout enough. I now sell clubby semen up here and travel quite a bit looking at calves and such and have found some great ones and made great contact across breeds and counties. If you are ever looking for something with different breeding i would not shy away from getting a hold of some people up here and taking a look. lots of the calves born up here are off of cows a notch bigger and broodier and have something that just stands out form the get go.

Also those of us that are becoming more and more involved in the industry love to talk about it and just network with anyone! Feel free to give us a shout up here north of the 49th anytime.

p.s. Canada's most competitive steer show is right around  the corner at Calgary Stampede with a $10,000 pot up for grabs for champion and an added $10,000 for Champion Straight Hereford in honor of the World Hereford Conference!

Kurtis Reid