smooth sailing and unforgiven

Help Support Steer Planet:

advocate

Both seem to make them to hard ribbed and have seen some unforgivens that got plenty leggy so I would say moderate easy fleshing extremely deep bodied ones

walter

I had 4 unforgiven calves last year. They all where huge at birth , lost one and pulled all but one. They were all out of 8 to 10 year old cows and all but one had major structural problems. I would use smooth sailing. One other thing they didnt have alot of hair. I hope this helps .

cotullaguy

walter said:
I had 4 unforgiven calves last year. They all where huge at birth , lost one and pulled all but one. They were all out of 8 to 10 year old cows and all but one had major structural problems. I would use smooth sailing. One other thing they didnt have alot of hair. I hope this helps .

I have one Unforgiven here and will never use the bull again.  Huge at birth, no hair, and not structurally correct enough out of a donor cow.

BIGTEX

cotullaguy said:
walter said:

I have one Unforgiven here and will never use the bull again.  Huge at birth, no hair, and not structurally correct enough out of a donor cow.

That is a shame about Unforgiven. I have seen some good calves this spring. Are you sure this isn't a ploy to get more free semen? (lol)

muleman

Saw 3 really good  Unforgivens  last week. A real cool Bad Habit heifer and the best Dr. Who calf I have ever seen. He said the unforgivens were in the 90's which isn't bad.

DTW

cotullaguy said:
Jack frost/sim

she prolapsed too
Double shot of full flush there probably doesnt help the structure issue or birth weight.

jbw

A little to inconsistant, I did not like the bw's.