Soggy-bodied simmi bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

CAB said:
firesweepranch said:
Smith said:
+1 on  Domination to add depth of body.  He certainly did that on three crossbred cows we used him on.  The bulls out of him had excellent testicular development as well, which was probably a reflection of Domination's own semen quality.  We would have liked to have seen more width and front end extension in them.

How any calves did you have by him? What was their birth weights like? With his horrible calving ease number, I am reluctant to try him...
Haven't most of the SM #s went into the tank with the changing of the formulas? I have been told that 70% of the cows #s have dropped drastically. I know that some of the bulls That Steenhoeck's took to Denver were Domination sired. His #s dropping is what has also made him more affordable.

Our numbers have not changed much on our cows. The only number we really saw a drop on was milk. We had a Domination embryo calf a month ago, he was big and breech. That is what made me look closer at his EPD's, and I about choked when I saw his reverse numbers (negative CE and positive birth). That scares me! I would love to hear other people's birth weights...

Latest posts