Solid Gold

Help Support Steer Planet:

utshowgirl

I have never used Solid Gold, but for all you southern guys that have seen a bunch of them and used him. What kind of cows does he work best on, and what kind of cows do his daughters make?

Bradenh

If you ask Brandon horn  he will tell you any cow that's in heat will be a good candidate for solid gold- that's not Far from the truth, he's a bigger bull than most he's not a toad. Id breed him to a smooth shouldered good looking good hipped cow that's in heat and be off to the races although he works on a lot of different kinds

He's second calf safe from what little I know about calving them

I have had a couple solid gold x FSF Hardline ET calves, and they both came unassisted, but I also know that the sample group is very limited.  I am tossing around the idea of using his son, good as gold on a Warrant x Imprint cow I have that had trouble getting a dakota gold out this year, found him dead.  Didn't hear my 3 am alarm to go check her again.  I guess I should mention she is THC and PHAC.

Attachments

• 74.jpg
    74.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 196

CPMike

Are the Solid Gold clones as good as the original?  I was thinking of using him on some 1/2 Angus and simangus cows.  Who else would be good for slick calves?

Mike

hntwhitetail

CPMike said:
Are the Solid Gold clones as good as the original?  I was thinking of using him on some 1/2 Angus and simangus cows.  Who else would be good for slick calves?

Mike

I'm pretty sure all Solid Gold's are clones of a steer.  He is the king in the slick world right now.

Bradenh

Just like any case the clones will breed exactly the same as the original being that they have exactly the same Dna

They're clones from a steer so they'll breed better than collecting the original (don't hate me I couldn't resist)

Other slick Bulls since you asked that seem to be working are american idol (from korky wise) rapid rewards, pump daddy, and business done right

Lewis_Family_Cattle

I got to here George Seidel explain the clone deal.  The clones won't breed exactly the same as each other or the original but they will be as close as possible.  The DNA is the exact same but the genes expressed by each bull and passed on could be different due to the environmental factors the clones were raised in.  Weather, feed, sickness could all change gene expression.

Latest posts