Sore feet in market steer....

Help Support Steer Planet:

rocknmranch

I went and checked out the steer that we sold. Have been keeping tabs on him and his progress, advising when asked. But, hes got a problem. He is ouchy in his feet. He gets up travels the pasture, gets cocky, but is definitely ouchy. He also had a but of selling in the left rear cannon. He has not gone off feed at all. In fact he is non stop and is gaining well. Hes on 22lbs steer mix, and 4lbs corn with unlimited oat hay. He is roughly 1220lbs, with 35 days to fair. Hes not in a cooler, as we slick sheer, and he has a good size pasture that he gets around. Hes been lazy a bit, not moving as much as usual, I suspect to his feet.  Hes a really free moving steer, not having any problems until now.

What do you suspect? What would you do?

wyatt

i would put him in a chute and look at it closely and feel it you might find something

vc

could be allot of things, he may have gotten a little to cocky and injured himself, step on some rocks, they may have had his feet trimmed recently. Check for foot rot if it is not that, you may have them try soaking his feet in epson salt for about a half hour each day just in case he has sores on the bootom of his feet.

Latest posts