Specialization in Livestock Collections - Putting integrety back in the business

Help Support Steer Planet:

Are you owed money for semen or livestock.  Does your customer continue to tell you the check is in the mail and it never shows up?  Does your customer never answer your phone call?  Have you been ripped off and think because you do not have a contract there is nothing you can do?  If so call me at 469-424-3033 ext.514 or at 469-408-6922 after normal business hours.  I can help you collect on these accounts.  Let's put the integrity of a handshake deal back in the business.

afhm

You might ought to consider getting your own website or facebook page for these postings instead of a public forum.

Tyler

I'm curious how you go about that without any documentation or legal authority...are you breaking peoples legs? (lol)

Afhm I have both of the following.  This forum is for public topics and the growing number of clients who are getting ripped off in your industry is growing.  I am here to help out the guys who need help when they get ripped off.  So possibly you should consider being supportive about keeping your industry as pure and clean as possible.  Obviously you have a problem with stopping the people in your industry who choose not to do business the right way. 

Tyler I work for a firm that is licensed and bonded in all 50 states as well as Canada.  We have numerous means of collecting money none of which include breaking somebody's legs.  We do however numerous means of collecting money and that is why we are so successful at what we do.  If you would like to speak to some of my references feel free to give me a call!  Furthermore call me anyways Tyler and we will discuss this issue further.

BTDT

This is was designed for producers to "chat" about issues, problems, the industry, shows, etc. I doubt it was set up for free advertising for businesses.  I think that is what afhm is trying to say. 
I think Tyler is trying to understand if you are not legally authorized by law to collect money, how do you do it LEGALLY?

I agree that this is a public forum and I also agree that there is many people who do business unethically and knowingly and purposely rip people off in industry. 

I do not agree with you using this forum as a advertisement or a head hunting site.  That being said, jcedvm seems to be doing it for his ET business and has no issue. So, I guess if this site wants to be "fair"....
But, also remember, you stating names is a leap into being liable for ruining a reputation.

I agree with you on that completely.  I have already been able to help individuals who have been put in bad situations thru this site.  This site is designed for people in it to help each other out.  And everything I do is legal as my firm is a licensed and bonded commercial asset recovery firm.  So simply put we are legally authorized to go after all of our clients money.  I am not head hunting by any means.  I already spoke with the administrator in regards to doing investigative work thru this site and will not be doing that anymore.  But to the final comment that you made in regards to me ruining a reputation....  When somebody makes a choice to try and rip somebody off they are ruining their reputation when they made that choice.  So hold me liable for ruining the reputation of somebody who has chosen to rip people off and take what does not belong to them!

chambero

I don't think any of us are opposed to what you are trying to do if you are a legitimate business.  We're trying to figure out if you are a legitimate business or spreading "stuff" (which does happen sometime on here).

In Texas, we have access to help for this kind of issue through the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association as members.

Tallcool1

I understand how some members may not appreciate the "plug" that is being thrown in, but I agree with the fact that this issue is becoming a big deal in the show cattle industry.

I don't sell very many show steers, but I will buy one that seems cheap and resell them a month later when they have a little more time on feed.  I don't make my living doing it.  I do it in order to be able to spend a little more money on the steers we actually keep.

With that said, one of my best friends raises, buys, trades, and sells a LOT of show cattle every year.  He has told me POINT BLANK that this is becoming a serious issue for him.  Every year he gets strung out on payments, and it seems that the buyers don't even mind doing it.  Last year, his total was in excess of $50,000 that NEVER got paid for.  That doesn't even factor in the number of times that people pay for them and don't pick them up for another 90 days.

If someone asks a question, none of us have a problem referring them to someone that we know.  None of us have a problem plugging a supplement or a feed company. 

Due to the nature of his business, I don't have a problem with the post.  I didn't even know such a company existed.

Just my opinion.

chambero

It can certainly happen with young guys, old guys, etc, but as a breeder you ought to be suspicious when a teenager or 20 something is agreeing to pay what you are asking, but can't pay till "later".  These boys just don't have that kind of money.

Of course I've also that getting paid by the biggest established names out there isn't fun either.

Solution - calf doesn't leave till checks in hand. 

MCC

chambero, I never let a calf leave until I have check in hand. I have always been cautious when dealing with someone new. However you can always get burned. A few years ago on my way back from Kansas City my cell phone rang. It was from a guy I didn't know looking for a heifer to show. My cousin was with me and told me he was ok he had sold him cattle in the past several times. The guy meets me at my barn, picks out a heifer and gives me a check. When I went to cash the check it was no good. Tried to get ahold of him and couldn't. Finally found out from one of his friends he sold the heifer for twice what he bought her for and skipped town. Got ahold of the DA in his town and have never seen my money. Chalk it up to experience and hope it don't happen again.

Livestockcollections if you are on the up and up I think you could be an asset to the industry.

For anybody needing information as to me being on the up and up feel free to call me for information on my company as well as a few referrals in your industry.  My contact information is listed at the top of this post.

afhm

Livestockcollections said:
Afhm I have both of the following.  This forum is for public topics and the growing number of clients who are getting ripped off in your industry is growing.  I am here to help out the guys who need help when they get ripped off.  So possibly you should consider being supportive about keeping your industry as pure and clean as possible.  Obviously you have a problem with stopping the people in your industry who choose not to do business the right way.

You are very wrong.  I was not being ugly when suggesting you consider using a website or facebook as a way of promoting your business, and can't figure out how you think I am not supportive of my industry or have a problem with stopping people from doing bad business deals in it.  I am supportive of my industry, the odds of it being clean and pure as with any other industry are not very high.  I definately do not have a problem with trying to stop people from not doing business the right way in the cattle industry.  I do not feel calling them out like you did is the best way, it will lead to other people posting on the thread with hearsay or to act on personal vendettas by slandering others.  Obviously since your others posts have been deleted I am not the only one who feels this way.  Why not buy a banner ad on the site promoting your services since you think this is a good place to promote your company and services.

I have been the victimn of not being paid, but I know it was my fault I let the animal leave without a secure form of payment.  It is up to the producers and traders to end the problem before it starts.  Don't let them bid if you don't think they can or will pay, don't let the animals leave without some form of payment or written and signed legal document that guarantees payment.  Don't be afraid to take less money from someone who can and will pay instead of holding out and hoping the person that "paid" big money for them will come through with payment to you.  This business is small enough that everyone or one of their friends knows who does and doesn't pay in a timely manner when one of those individuals come to your place proceed with caution.

Obviously my post is doing more than just advertising.  For instance you are giving advice right now.  You make this such a simple issue yet there are millions of dollars of debt accumulated in this industry each year.  I do not know who you are but for some reason you are worried about me.  And I have spoke with the owner in regards to advertising on here and you will be seeing me everywhere you go in this industry soon.  I do not just go away especially when I collect money.  Aggressive, Persistent, Relentless and most importantly determined to improve the bottom line of companies.  Keep in mind the more money that is collected and paid the better this market is.  Bad debt makes everything more expensive! And guess who ends up paying the price for it..... the people who do pay their bills.  I have had 2 or 3 people who are not happy about my topics yet received 18 phone calls already from people who have asked all kinds of questions and I have spent all day talking to.  And guess what I have charged nobody a dime yet.  Once again feel free to call me and I will address any issues that you may have.  Thanks!

Tyler

Livestockcollections said:
Tyler I work for a firm that is licensed and bonded in all 50 states as well as Canada.  We have numerous means of collecting money none of which include breaking somebody's legs.  We do however numerous means of collecting money and that is why we are so successful at what we do.  If you would like to speak to some of my references feel free to give me a call!  Furthermore call me anyways Tyler and we will discuss this issue further.

Interesting stuff, I was just making light of how you get blood out of a turnip, nothing personal.  I'm not the Tyler you are looking for so no need for the call. <beer>

cowman 52

There are kids I don't mind helping if I can but no farther than I can afford. Then there are some that live on the edge and enjoy it. Then you take the ones that sell one and swear they didn't get paid, were under paid, traded this traded that, x was paying me so I could pay you.  And what are you going to do for a nominal fee I'm certain.  Call him 60 times a day, call his relatives 120 times a day, and when you can't do much else, turn the cattle in as stolen? Get dog the bounty hunter to pay him a visit. 

There ain't one good sounding thing anywhere around this except your commission.  Forgive me but you are writing checks your butt can't cash.

Writing checks that my butt can't cash is something that I do not do.  If you do not believe me call me and I will let you talk to a client of mine in your industry who I have collected 75% of the business they have placed.