Speech Topic Help

Help Support Steer Planet:

William

I am getting ready to write a speech for FFA. It has to be ag related and I am really wanting to write a cattle related one. I want it to be about Charolais but it doesn't have to be.

Does anyone have good suggestions for a speech topic? If so do you have any info about the topic so I can get started?

Thanks!

jason

Write it about something your interested in, it goes a lot easier that way.  It sounds like you are interested in Charolais, so just do that.

CPL

What state are you in?  :) Last year I did a speech on the ideal characterisitics of beef cattle and I got third in our state contest. I've already found a topic for this year, but if I were you I'd just research everywhere, the media, different publications, and the internet. I also got some really good idea out of old textbooks that are FFA program had. Then become very knowledgeable about that topic and write the speech. Good Luck!

showman ne

I did one on genetic defects when th was new (before pha). Maybe you could do one on curly calf? i know thats not char related but its a thought. are u close to any ethanol plants? you could do a speech on feeding the distillers by-products. you could also talk about bull selection or calving/breeding protocols as its getting to be that time of year in parts of the country...hope this helps

red

Rural development, technical changes in ag - like GPS, internet, ET, cloning, strides in genetic testing, sexed semen. Where do you see ag going in the next 10 years or new ag careers?

Red