SS Kaboom

Help Support Steer Planet:

T.Cox

Hi, I have been considering breeding some of my purebreed shorthorn cows to SS Kaboom.  Is this bull very good for the price, and if so what cows does he work best on, and what for calves should I expect out of him.
Thanks

OH Breeder

I have a SS Kaboom x Ar Su Lu Jiffy. He does put some shoulder in them. She profiles well but had a whalloping 100# baby out of calving ease sire. He is also a sonny son. There are alot of Shorty folks here probably little more experience with him.

Picture 1 Momma
Picture 2 Baby  out of Diamond Leggs 21 and SS Kaboom cow

Attachments

• smKLLR Boomin.jpg
    smKLLR Boomin.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 175
  • valentine left rear sm profile.jpg
    valentine left rear sm profile.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 192

SKF

We have a Kaboom x Jiffy heifer. Really like her, she is very sound and a great disposition.

Attachments

• P1230037.JPG
    P1230037.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 166

CAB

I like The Kaboom bull a lot & he has sired some very good cattle. Another Sonny son that you may want to take a peek @ is J3's new bull Ivy League. Depending on what your cow/heifer is he may be worth trying. Pics posted up here early this year about Denver time.

Show Heifer

He will throw big calves regardless of his birth weight, also pretty square. I had everything over 100 and even a 135 (unassisted - big cow!)
But, nice calves if your willing to chance the BW. Seems like the bigger the cow, the bigger the calf.
I like the cows he makes....the steers are too big.

jbw

I thought they were the best shorthorn clubbies that I saw last year. A freind had one last year out of a hfr. NICE! I have 40 units of him in the tank.

NHR

We have had a few Kaboom calves. He will moderate larger cows. We have not had the BW issues that others have had. We have not had one over 82lbs. They are hairy and square with great disposition. Our cows are all Trump bloodlines so that could be why our BW's are consistent. Anytime you use outcross genetics the BW's can vary greatly.

We will continue to use him.

Attachments

• 1-4-08 051 rev1.jpg
    1-4-08 051 rev1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 179