Star Power Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

mainecattlemother

Does anyone out there know if Star Powers are late bloomers?  A buddy of ours told us not to be alarmed as they are late bloomers and our late March 2010 heifer is just starting to develop nicely.  I know there has been state champs out of the dam already so I am really hoping this is true.  I may post some pics in the next couple weeks.  Any comments appreciated.

Darkside

We have three to have a calf in the next week or so, I was not very proud of them at weaning or even all last summer. But at about 18 month they sure turned it on.

mainecattlemother

Her sister was lasts years Champion Foundation Simmental at the Minnesota State Fair shown by the Boesl family of Brandon, MN.  She is just starting to come on and she will be just a year old so I am hoping by state fair time she has blossomed.  Sound not be hard to get past our county fair as we show against primarily South Devons (not to knock there breed but there isn't much competition).  My other daughter and a friend are the only competition with a Maine Monopoly heifer and the other has a registered Red Angus.

rkmn

The three that I have followed have really turned it on as yearlings. The seemed a little plain to me as calves but I am impressed with their growth and capacity now. They also seem to be growing into their front ends a little bit which helps a lot with the side profile.