State Fair of Texas - Dr. Chris Skaggs

Help Support Steer Planet:

STX108

Anyone shown to him recently? What is his ideal market steer? Any help is appreciated....

skeeter

Market steer show is Thursday, Oct. 1st @ 8:00 a.m.  Prospect show is the day before, 30th, at 3:00.

sf

He wants them very sound. If they are borderline dont go and waste your time. He wants them complete and pretty.

the angus111

does it matter who the judge is,cant change now.go show and enjoy it.wear a purple tarelton state shirt and maybe the aggie will give you the nod.just kidding he is a pretty fair judge. rusty

chambero

I think there is a very stong movement in general down here on soundness in steers.  Frankly, its welcomed. I would like to see our cattle move back toward a little prettier, larger, and easier moving.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

This guy is all over the place. Just depends on how political the fair will be this year. I really dont like how they let everyone into the makeup area. No reason too, but hey sometimes it works out for us too sometimes.

Vacanballs

Dr. Skaggs is a pretty good judge. He's been doing it forever and sometimes still gets lost. I'll definitely agree with what people have said. His biggest issue is soundness. If they cant travel, don't expect to be too far up in the lineup. Oh, and he loves those A&M Aggies. Not the Tarleton ones. So keep that on the down-low.

chiangus

Vacanballs said:
Dr. Skaggs is a pretty good judge. He's been doing it forever and sometimes still gets lost. I'll definitely agree with what people have said. His biggest issue is soundness. If they cant travel, don't expect to be too far up in the lineup. Oh, and he loves those A&M Aggies. Not the Tarleton ones. So keep that on the down-low.

better not wear my burnt orange shirt

the angus111

back in the old days you went to tarelton if your grades were not good enough to go to A&M.neat place Stephenville is.rusty

brandisshortys

I've been pleased with Skaggs as a judge in the past.  I agree that they have to be sound and flashy.  They have to be the real deal, the whole picture.