state fair of texas results?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bradenh

anybody know how the steer show turned out, any pics would be awesome too. if anybody there happened to catch any

chambero

It was Shelby Womack - 99% sure it was a Copus calf - from the town next to us.  I think Doug McCollum's little girl had Res British

afhm

The grand was through Copus and a few others.  The reserve was Flint Newman with a home raised calf.

shortdawg

That's two in a row for Copus ! I was out there last year for the show. Who were the others in on the Copus calf ?

BCCC

Don't know about cattle but we had a spot breeding gilt get grand spot and reserve overall at the 4-H show!

Bradenh

well congrats to you BCCC  <party> and thanks for the updates and hope everybody on here who showed did well too

fineman

]The lt wt was Shirts or someone like that.  I heard that the Champion was one of the best looking slick calves that has been shown in Texas.

DCC show cattle

fineman i didnt see him in person but by the pictures that calf was far from the greatest slick calf shown in texas many better than him have never been off the wall in houston in my opinion but i didnt see him in the flesh

Bain Simmental

I saw him in flesh he was nice but nothing spectacular imo im not sure who the owner or on blood lines

fineman

Dcc show cattle i don't think thats right.  I have talked to several people who saw the calf at the show and they saiid he was very nice. They said he was the best steer in the barn by far and the res was easyily the 2nd best calf.

DCC show cattle

Fineman im not talking in relation to that show you stated that he was the best ever shown in texas and i would disagree with that. He might have very well been the best at the state fair but there are plenty of people that will agree that he isnt the best slick calf to come through a texas ring