Steer opinions please.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jive Turkey

I'm not easy to impress but I have to say that this calf looks 100 times better than the original pics.

Nice hair and nice finish on this calf.

My congratulations to you b/c your hard work is  OBVIOUS with this calf.

Best of luck with him.

cornershack

nice job, he does look a lot different, now you have to slick him,  right? that will show off those muscles even more. good luck next month,

vc

I want to commend you on a job well done, you took a calf that had some holes and did a very good job filling them. He looks like he is turning out the best that he can, and this is due to your hard work. You should be proud of the job you have done with him, allot of people can pick out a good steer, it is the people that can feed one right that rise to the top. You have done an excellent job feeding this one, making the right adjustments at the right time to keep him on track.
The phrase "turning a sows ear into a silk purse" comes to mind. He is not perfect but I think you got him to reach his max potential, and he should do well in the ring and on the hook.

Congratulations.

chambero

He looks like he has plenty of muscle and is probably pretty fat.  If he is finished enough, I'd suggest moving away from the corn and using oats to smooth him out a little possibly.  If he were mine, I'd be feeding him around 2 scoops of finisher (3 lb scoops), 2 scoops beet pulp, and 1 scoop of oats the rest of the way through.

You don't want him a whole lot heavier weight wise.

flacowman

Y'all are living proof of what hard work can do.  Glad to see yet another "young kid" like me prove the old heads who say we have no work ethic wrong.  (clapping)  <rock>  <party>  Congrats already and good luck next month!!!!!!!!

SFASUshowman

AMAZING job with this steer.  I would have never guessed it was the same steer you posted a few months ago!  Sure he has the holes you have mentioned but I think he should do just fine for your school district show!

cutieputie0093

<party> <party> I will be sure and post how I do at the show. But i just found out that i detached my bicep from my tendon and now i have to have surgery later in the week. Arm surgery a month away from the date I show awesommeee!!!! not. I hope it doesnt completely effect how i end up in the show :( I am going to try and tough it out for the time I am in the show ring with my lamb and steer! Thanks everyone!  ;D

fordkindagirl

Believe me guys he looks a lot better in person! What I don't like about the picture is he looks like he toes out, but he doesn't. Sorry you hate me, you know how to feed a steer!

cutieputie0093

I dont hate you. Everything is just a bunch of he said she said stuff at the barn. But thank you!  ;)

fordkindagirl

cutieputie0093 said:
I dont hate you. Everything is just a bunch of he said she said stuff at the barn. But thank you!  ;)
Oh, someone said you were sayin stuff, (like I took pics of your steer, etc), but oh well. And I would love to steal your steers soundness and give it to mine! :)

ba

First good job <party> big day and night difference in the pics. Where is this show at give us a few details about the show.
Is it a fit show glue paint fill us in    Slick clip Southwest  flordia

cutieputie0093

ba said:
First good job <party> big day and night difference in the pics. Where is this show at give us a few details about the show.
Is it a fit show glue paint fill us in
It is the Cy-fair isd annual school livestock show. It is a slick show. No paint no nothing it is very straight forward.

Bradenh

i like the calf. he will look better on the rail than in the ring and that isnt nessiceraly bad. he looks sound and he will be there in the end