Steer Pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

He looks really good. I'd be darn proud of a steer like him.  Did you raise him?  You guys sure have had some luck with JPJ, no doubt about it.

skeeter

congratulations.  Dustin told me he was headed to GA then called and gave the report on the Short.  He's very nice and Dustin does a tremendous job of fitting, he looks great in the pic.  And I'm a big fan of those JPJ calves, more than one has made the sale in Fort Worth.  I know you're very proud and he looks fantastic.

chambero

First of all, congratulations!  It's great to see one of our "own" do great at a high level.

Out of curiousity because shows differ so much across the country......

What do your sales at your majors in your part of the world bring?

Also, how many calves show up to a major show like this?

shortdawg

The premium for the Top 5 has been 5k,4k,3k,3k,3k in past years so I assume it will be the same this year plus the Breed Champ money which I think is 500. They used to slaughter the Top 5 but now we get to keep them to show in our local show. He should bring around the same in our county sale. I think there were almost 300 steers in our State Show not sure on how many heifers but my guess would be 400.

For the previous post he's on page 28 under the GA Jr Nat'l link - pic number 684 is the best.