Steer shown with a bull lead.

Help Support Steer Planet:

JAG

The Grand Champion at our county fair was shown with a  show halter and a bull lead. I was just curious how many of you had seen this before?

Bulldaddy

I guess you mean a nose ring?  Must of been a bit hard to handle or the exhibitor was young and needed a little extra control.  I have seen this on a couple of steers and have seen a few more that could have used one.

wrc

I had a steer when I was a junior in high school that I keep from getting away from me.  He got away from me every single time I had him out and I had been showing for several years at that time.  My dad made me a halter with a round metal nose piece and then a chain going back up behind his ears and around, the lead conected on top of the nose piece and when you pulled it put pressure on his lower jaw.  It wasn't hard on him but he knew I was in control.  I showed him with it on and was grand champ market steer in our county.  Sometimes you have to do what makes it work.  I thought that steer was going to end up killing me before we made that halter but I never had any problems after that.

Aussie

All cattle shown here have to be shown with a nose clip unless it  is a calf on a cow. All bulls over 12 months to have a nose ring. All shows big or small. This is also supposed to apply in and around the barn.