step 13

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Mike Rosen did his annual step 13 show today on koa denver today. The web is step13.org    it is really hard to describe the organization but it is a alcohol abuse reabilitation center. It is a tough love deal for drunks off the streets. You are immediately put into a job situation to earn your keep. There is no government money involved(thats why Mike loves it so much) so it is run with a boot camp type attitude and no pshco babble is allowed. It was started by a recovering alcoholic and still managed by him. If there ever was a cause to donate money to this is it. Might want to check it out. I think it is a no government solution template to create a safety net deal without the government bureacracy that kills its programs. You either step up in progess or you are released. The people are farmed out on jobs and go through job training programs and what not. They have a 38% success rate and it is a low budget no nonsense approach. I have donated money to only 2 deals in my life and it is step 13 and boys town. I worked with a guy who went to boys town in Nebraska. Step 13 also has a program where you can donate a car(tax deduction deal)...the guys improve the car and resale it.Everbody wins. Anyway check them out. (angel)