Stierwalt -- Chalk

Help Support Steer Planet:

STEER_1981

What type of chalk does Kirk Stierwalt use during his demonstrations? Thanks.

firesweepranch

at the 2 day clipping clinic we went to, he used sidewalk chalk to show the kids the area he was focusing on and what he was about to do. When he brushed it with his hand it disappeared quickly.

CAB

All of the his clinics that I have attended, he was using the livestock markers, but he may use both I guess. I just have always seen him use the oil based markers. A person could e-mail Kirk and ask.

I have e-mailed Kirk & will advise once I hear back from him. Brent

Show Heifer

If a calf is hairy, spray markers work best... usually bright pink, or white.  They don't pull hair as much as oil based livestock markers and wash out easily.

CAB

I was wrong. I talked to Kirk this morning for a short time & what he uses is called grooming chalk. He said that it is more of an equine chalk.

CAB

I'm getting old or losing my mind.Maybe both!! I would have  bet this old run down farm that it was livestock marker that  Kirk used. Sorry about that.

stangs13

CAB said:
  I'm getting old or losing my mind.Maybe both!! I would have  bet this old run down farm that it was livestock marker that  Kirk used. Sorry about that.

I would be upset if he used a livestock marker on my heifer.. ;Dand the clippers wont run through it like they do..and he wouldnt be able to wipe it off!!!