Strange Cattle Deaths

Help Support Steer Planet:

Diamond

We have had are fair share of dead stock but two that till this day stand out was 1 a goat who somehow fell threw a window 4x smaller then she was into out manuer shoot. and a brown swiss pulling steer hat flipped himself over in a vary small bath tub with about 4 inches of water and died.  Come to think of it, we had his partner die the same way a week later.

Bradenh

I was in first place for my breed buckle in points when one of my heifers came to the lot with both jaws broke and a broke nose and the bottom half of her mouth ripped out ...... Put her downthe next day and with 4000 points I had to give up the buckle I worked for all year and we never found out how she was hurt

shortdawg

Bradenh said:
I was in first place for my breed buckle in points when one of my heifers came to the lot with both jaws broke and a broke nose and the bottom half of her mouth ripped out ...... Put her downthe next day and with 4000 points I had to give up the buckle I worked for all year and we never found out how she was hurt

Was that one of those Nancy Kerrigan x Tanya Harding deals ????????? Sounds fishy to me ?

Bradenh

No were in central Texas so we r pretty sure nothin got her since a cyote wont get near the house ......I thank she was by a tree and threw her head back to lick herself and hit the tree  and broke her face......... But we will never know

Titangurl

Please close this thread I thought it was funny everyone say it was jinxing us but swear too it I lost a great cow today for no reason found her dead in the barn this morning we had even been stalling her at night by herself bc she was a special one:(

farmboy

No way your cow would damage her face that back by head butting a tree. A few well placed shots with a baseball bat however...

aj

Not really a death story but I once knew of a old cowboy down on the smoky....he had a old open top trailer with a hole in the floor the size of a basketball. He would jump his horse in and haul it around. The horse knew where the hole was and hauled just perfect down the road.

Bradenh

Well like I said we would never know what happens to her .......but when she came in the lot like that I fell on my knees and cried for a long long time cuz she was really special and seein that happen to your best friend teaches  a lot if lessons

cash-n-in

sorry to hear about all the tragic ways of livestock dying, but years ago when i was first starting 4H we got some calves out west brought em' home, worked with em' the next few weeks and one day working em' in the pasture we had one that was so strong and me only being 10 or 12 at the time little girl. we tied to the back of the tractor lightly pull him around as we walk next to him, and he was mostly broke stubborn at times but we really didn't DRAG him... anyway without no warning, no heavy breathing, just started bleeding from his nose and fell over and died.. Surprised I'll say and mind you he was only working with us for not even ten minutes that day. we just took one 30 foot walk and he collapsed and was dead instantly...

heart attack? who knows....