Style with performance

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bertch

What do you guys think are the best simmental bulls to use for show ring style yet produce comercial growth and carcass. I am considering using sas sweetmeat, rc clubking, red ceaser, or ws beefmaker. I showed cows in highschool but currently am trying to breed for pounds, carcass and great milking females. However I want to be able to look at my cattle and be impressed by pheonotype? Any opinions on these bulls would be appreaciated.

mooch

Bertch said:
What do you guys think are the best simmental bulls to use for show ring style yet produce comercial growth and carcass. I am considering using sas sweetmeat, rc clubking, red ceaser, or ws beefmaker. I showed cows in highschool but currently am trying to breed for pounds, carcass and great milking females. However I want to be able to look at my cattle and be impressed by pheonotype? Any opinions on these bulls would be appreaciated.
Sweetmeat will do as good as job as any for what you are looking for.Made right , big bodied and the data to back up his epds.

LN

I have some 6 month old Beef Maker calves right now. They don't have the show ring style, but boy oh boy are they good calves. Low to moderate birth weights, vigorous at birth, growthy, plenty of muscle, enough rib shape and depth to make me happy, and nice to look at. I liked the calves so much I used him again extensively.

Sweetmeat was recommended as a sire to use. Was told he's producing some really nice calves, but to use on cows. I bred 15 of my cows to him so all I can do is wait.

Bertch

I have 1 beefmaker calf now I bred a whole cane and couldn't settle any of my cheap bargain cows. However, me joker cow gave me a nice bull calf out of him. I like the looks but he might be too moderate for me he also turns out a bit on his front feet. He started out slow but last month he gained 125 pounds so I can't complain to much. Would you dare breed some second calf heifers to sweetmeat? I think I will breed the most of the herd to him this year. Thanks for the replies.

LN

Bertch said:
I have 1 beefmaker calf now I bred a whole cane and couldn't settle any of my cheap bargain cows. However, me joker cow gave me a nice bull calf out of him. I like the looks but he might be too moderate for me he also turns out a bit on his front feet. He started out slow but last month he gained 125 pounds so I can't complain to much. Would you dare breed some second calf heifers to sweetmeat? I think I will breed the most of the herd to him this year. Thanks for the replies.

I bred some of my second calvers to sweetmeat and I think they'll be fine. I think all he meant was that sweetmeat isn't a sure fire calving ease sire.