Sugar Ray-->Power Plant-->Full Throttle-->WMW-->Heat Seeker-->Heatwave-->???????

Help Support Steer Planet:

Who will be the next great club calf bull?

• Total voters

TexasHeat

With Heat Wave semen $300+, who is next in line to produce the great ones?  Will there ever be another bull that produces so many progeny that are so successful?

olsun

I have seen some really good Sunseekers when they are sound.He does about as much to pretty up a common cow as any bull out there.

farmboy

i forgot sunseeker. i think he is the new king right now. i voted monopoly though, he is tearing it up right now with his first calf crop

Axle

I think there will be another hott bull like heat wave in the near future.  Before heat wave it was who made who, an before him full flush and full throttle and so on.  The cycle should keep goin becuz if it doesnt our cattle industry probably wont be improving much.

kfacres

My vote went for a non HW deal.. Cattle industry is going to be looking for some outcross.....  Seems like a logical choice to not be HW...  Fabs and trends only last so long

OH Breeder

My only problem with Heat Wave females is they are not the most maternal females. Who Made Who makes better females.

olsencattleco

Sunseeker will stamp his calves with the look and hair but he really needs to be used on moderate framed cattle. Thats what i have found.

I honestly think that Heatwave has shown us steer breeders that he is the most consistent, but i also believe that bulls like monopoly, carnac, milkman and others will be up there if they are used on as many head as heatwave is. Just think about how many straws of heatwave has been used in ai as well as et services. Of course the odds are higher. I am in no way knocking heatwave because he i will continue to use him as much as any of them.

I sure hope milkman pulls through for us this year because we used alot of him.

eric olsen

OH Breeder

kfacres said:
But people are going to keep them regardless.... Most steer makers don't care about maternal.. they care about making great steers who win banners

How can you raise calves if the cow doesn't milk? You ain't gonna raise too many champs when the momma ain't got any milk. If you have to cut everyone out he side because of narrow pelvis that ain't gonna make you a whole lot either. The best cows that seem to be clicking with Heat Wave genetics are MATERNAL cows.

sccattle

olsencattleco said:
Sunseeker will stamp his calves with the look and hair but he really needs to be used on moderate framed cattle. Thats what i have found.

I honestly think that Heatwave has shown us steer breeders that he is the most consistent, but i also believe that bulls like monopoly, carnac, milkman and others will be up there if they are used on as many head as heatwave is. Just think about how many straws of heatwave has been used in ai as well as et services. Of course the odds are higher. I am in no way knocking heatwave because he i will continue to use him as much as any of them.

I sure hope milkman pulls through for us this year because we used alot of him.

eric olsen
Dont think Sunseaker is the answer, not enough power for me, milkmans a great bull but not Black.
I agree the next great bull will be an outcross. What ever he is I just wish id raised him. I really think Mohamid will be the next 734 replacement for females, any one used him yet.... if not you really need to try him,,,,,lots of milk on first calf heifers

olsencattleco

I am not saying sunseeker is the answer either.  I used two straws of him last year and only one for this next year. I was just making a comment.

sccattle

your right about him being dead before we all really knew........but would you have used him based on his picture,,,,,,,,wow the ugly bull of a life time but he had the right gene for angus cows.
We used Hired Man again this year but on small heat wave cows. Really stought big butts, no cripples

Latest posts