Sugar Ray

Help Support Steer Planet:

mattthecat

I just sent a Sugar Ray to town last winter and regret it, she was 8  years old and lost a calf from calving a few weeks early in a shit storm one night.  She was out of a Delighter cow from Bill Fraunholtz and was flat good, don't think that Sugar won't work today he was one of the great ones IMO.

PDJ

I also grew up just down the road from Bobby May.  Sugar Ray put a stamp, and a cool look on his calves that hadn't been seen before.  And as hard as it is to believe, he was considered too small when he was a calf, and people thought he should have been stered.  When he first came out he was crossed on half chi cows, then towards the end he was used more on angus and amerifax cows.

As far as the temperments went, the Sugar Ray calves I had were pets.  His sire Nero threw a little more smoke.  The Nero calves had to be handled a little different.  You couldn't show them who was boss, just had to come to a mutual understanding with them.

And just remember how much people thought of Full Flush cows.  No Sugar Ray equals no Full Throttle, equals no Full Flush.

Latest posts