suggestions! what should i breed her to??

Help Support Steer Planet:

risch14

this is a picture of her in the show ring... this is a smokin joe x miss kopp..

Attachments

• snooki.jpg
    snooki.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 180

sizzler14

who made who or Jesse James. i-80 really isnt a heifer bull

wyatt

cpratz said:
WB ShowCattle said:
sizzler14 said:
who made who or Jesse James. i-80lbs really isnt a heifer bull
since when? I havent seen one over 75 lbs
I-80 is promoted as a heifer bull look all over lautners ads, or look at his son I-67 (birth weight is 67)
i know his calves are pretty small ive seen a few out of heifers ... I guess i dont know why he wouldnt be a heifer bull i used him on all my heifers and some cows this year

Sparkle

Select a proven herd sire that has low birth weight and also refer to his epd's for further info on the bull. Be sure to check out the bulls disposition. Meanies are no fun.

sizzler14

I know a guy who bought two bred heifers from Guyer that were bred to I-80. whenever they went to calve, the calves were so big they lost cows and calves. Another guy around me bred a ANGUS heifer out of Northern Improvement, the calf was a c-section and they lost the calf. A woman had a shiver heifer bred to him and lost cow and calf. Now you call that calving ease all you want, But i sure as heck dont call it a calving ease. I understand you have had 70 pound calves out of him, but I had a 62 pound heifer this year that came on the day she was due out of Walks Alone on a Strictly Business cow. Now please tell me how calving ease Walks Alone is?

JnK showcattle

have to agree with cruiser...............cant go wrong with witchdoctor heifers make great cows and the semen is cheap...... we used him all the time but here recently we have used mercedes benz and love the results.. will throw them with lots of chrome  but low bw

rackranch

Wow!! 7 dead out of 4 breedings.... something doesn't sound right here.  We had an I 80 last year that was around 60lbs

sizzler14 said:
I know a guy who bought two bred heifers from Guyer that were bred to I-80. whenever they went to calve, the calves were so big they lost cows and calves. Another guy around me bred a ANGUS heifer out of Northern Improvement, the calf was a c-section and they lost the calf. A woman had a shiver heifer bred to him and lost cow and calf. Now you call that calving ease all you want, But i sure as heck dont call it a calving ease. I understand you have had 70 pound calves out of him, but I had a 62 pound heifer this year that came on the day she was due out of Walks Alone on a Strictly Business cow. Now please tell me how calving ease Walks Alone is?

wyatt

sizzler14 said:
wow... Not to trash lautners or the semen company or the breeder but i have seen lautners semen get mixed up and labeled wrong and sometimes the straws come completely empty ... Maybe this was a mixed up batch of semen and it was a more clubby bull and not i 80... (just a theory)

woltemathangus

sizzler14 said:
(lol) word of mouth may have killed everything involved