Sull Fed Ex

Help Support Steer Planet:

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Seems like a good bull with excellent bloodlines. I did a progeny search on the ASA website, and was really surprised with his reported calf weights at birth. I saw everything in there from 68lbs to 120lbs, but mostly 80 to 100 pound calves. I like the breeding just not something i would ever use on a heifer.  :-\

sj0515

We have a heifer calf that was born in Jan. of this year. She had a 74# bw. For my liking, she had to much shoulder and not enough top on her.

sj0515

We got our certificate from cattlevisions but soon afterwards they quit carrying it. Someone else I know got one directly from the owner in Miss. I believe it is C and A Shorthorns. They said he was very helpful.

Newton

Woodland Farms said:
if you need a certificate to register with the shorthorn association they are all on shorthornshop.com

im confused, im new to shorthorn breed last year i bought a steer that was registered and they transferred the papers and everything but it didnt really matter since he was for meat. but this year i bought a registered heifer that was bred to SULL Fed ex, i got the papers that say tht i own her and her bloodline but how do i register the calf? do i need papers saying that she is in fact bred to fed ex?

sj0515

You have to pay for a certificate before you can get the calf registered. After you pay for it they send it directly to the ASA into your account. As far as I know it is just a payment to the bull owner for doing paper work on his end. Certificates vary in price, but I think FedEx was $15-$20.

oakview

If you bought the heifer as bred, the sellers should be responsible for getting the necessary paperwork to you for registration of the calf.  They will need to sign as owner of the dam at breeding, you will sign as owner of the dam at calving.  Contact the previous owners and they should take care of getting you what you need.