Sullivan Fan Misters

Help Support Steer Planet:

I do not have a cooler to keep my calves in but I was wondering if the sullivan fan misters work well enough to keep temps down?  Also do they make a big mess if i have they running for a majority of the day?

renegadelivestock

they work fine, they do not actually use that much water, so they do not make much of a mess. just remember that the water will dry their skin out, so revive them a couple times a week to keep their skin and hair healthy. the mist is not meant to wet the cattle, it is meant to cool the air before it gets to the cattle

That's perfect. I was just looking for a good way to keep the air a little cooler that way they don't need to deal with high temps. Also I heard some people say you will just make a mess in ur bedding, but I could imagine it being that bad if its just misting.
Thanks for the reply appreciate it.

ferkj

KJ Show Cattle said:
What kind of timer do you have. Is there certain brand that works well?
The one we have camr from Lowe's.  It sold in lawn and garden section.  They sell them for lawn sprinklers but same things as what we do with cattle.  You can program it to run for a certain length of time and how many times a day it runs.  we run ours for 5 mins twice an hour.