Sullivan Sale Results

Help Support Steer Planet:

titan

looking for someone who has the results from John Sullivan's latest sale. Wasnt able to make it. just curious

Steve123

They have the results at Liveauction.tv. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see "sale results".

Looks like Herefords are still hot.

Doc

It was a heck of a sale as usual. The top was a plus hfr at $100k. 3 Herefords brought over $80k each, the top Shorty purebred brought $55k. There was some Hereford eggs that brought $4k each.

RyanChandler

I think I was most surprised by what the 2 sexed straws of Red Knight brought.  I would like a straw of conventional or even just the male if someone is doing a sort and had no use for it. 

shortybreeder

I was most surprised by the revolution semen. I was expecting the Res knight to be high after those sale results, but for a completely unproven bull to bring as much as he did? I think that's nuts

Doc

-XBAR- said:
I think I was most surprised by what the 2 sexed straws of Red Knight brought.  I would like a straw of conventional or even just the male if someone is doing a sort and had no use for it.

The semen wasn't sexed. They are going to reverse sort it.

RyanChandler

You're right, I see that now.  Guess I saw the two sexed units in the upcoming where future generation are created sale and assumed these were as well.  I'm not very familiar with the process, what usually happens to the male semen when they reverse sort it? It's not refrozen is it?