Sullivan's Liniment Hair Stimulator

Help Support Steer Planet:

William

I got some liniment hair stimulator for Christmas and on the directions it says to mix it with other products. What products do I mix it with? Should I use it everyday?

Thanks

Cowboy Up

I myself have not used it, but have been told to use it only when clipping or on show day. I have heard that if you use it to much it can burn the hair right off of the calves.

stangs13

2 tblspns of that with either zoom bloom or kleen sheen, or a mixture of both with it...I use it daily, as long as you are mixing it it will work well..Alittle goes a long way!

William

How much zoom bloom and kleen sheen do I use? Do you just spray it on and blow? Do you have to rinse it out? Does the temperature matter?

Thanks

showsteerdlux

According to instructions in the Sullivans catalog it should be mixed as follows: 1/3 Liniment and 2/3 Kleen sheen/Zoom Bloom. This product should not be used everyday as was stated before it will burn the hair right off. It is very handy for clipping ant at no fit shows but imho you're playing with fire if you use it everyday.

stangs13

Its a 2:1 ratio of kleen sheen(2) and zoom bloom (1) and then just 2 tblspns of hair lim. I blow it in. I use it just about every day after I rinse/wash her. But I do go a few days in between when she doest get anything sprayed on her.I have been using it on her since she was about 3 months old and shes almost 9 months now. But I agree be very careful, this is just what we have been doing, and it seems to be working. (lol)

red

I mix it w/ kleen sheen too.
Also use it for my winter touch-up jobs when too cold to wash.
2 cups kleen sheen
1 cup rag oil
6 oz ligament

fill the spray bottle to the top w/ more kleen sheen. 

works great in a pinch.

Jill

Never used it  with just kleen sheen, but the recipe Red gave is how we use it, won't burn the hair off, but it's not needed every day either.