Sullivan's no bull semen and embryos on cw sales.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Auburnviewfarms

Did I miss something on the lead off bull semen pkgs???? $1500.00 to$1600.00 a straw....... :eek:

Doc

Auburnviewfarms said:
Did I miss something on the lead off bull semen pkgs???? $1500.00 to$1600.00 a straw....... :eek:

That's what it's been selling for since he started selling a few packages.

Auburnviewfarms

I didn't really think he could be that good I was just taken back by those numbers for a chance on a calf.

mark tenenbaum

Doc said:
Auburnviewfarms said:

That's what it's been selling for since he started selling a few packages.''''/// IF THOSE ARE 80 straw packages Isnt that close to $100000 a share? Maybe 1600 a share-even 16000 for 10 straws is a little out of my range-some happy (buyer?) will certainly posses a gift certificate at several of the next sales at that rate LOL O0

Auburnviewfarms

Don't remember was that the bull that sold the day before in possession and semen shares? I think it was and that sold for about $15000.00 for eighty straws I thought.

Doc

mark tenenbaum said:
Doc said:
Auburnviewfarms said:

That's what it's been selling for since he started selling a few packages.''''/// IF THOSE ARE 80 straw packages Isnt that close to $100000 a share? Maybe 1600 a share-even 16000 for 10 straws is a little out of my range-some happy (buyer?) will certainly posses a gift certificate at several of the next sales at that rate LOL O0

When I said a few packages I meant a few packages of 5 straws. It is selling for $1500 to $1600 per straw. He is a full brother to Red Stallion. The bull that sold the day before is a THF, full brother to Simplify. He brought $28k for possession . Then they sold 5 packages of semen which was 80 straws of semen for $6,750 for 4 different packages and 1 package brought $6,500.

trevorgreycattleco

There has never been and never will be a bull worth that kind of scratch in any breed. That's all promotion and commotion. Think about it.

Like Public Enemy said in the late 80's, Don't believe the hype!

Auburnviewfarms

No doubt  <beer> and fully agree had no interest in it but always like to see what is the next big thing  (lol)

oakview

Evidently somebody, actually several somebodies, thought the bull or shares were worth it.  They probably travel in different circles than I do, but if they get a few $20,000 heifer calves from a flush using a straw or two, it's probably pretty cheap.

mark tenenbaum

oakview said:
Evidently somebody, actually several somebodies, thought the bull or shares were worth it.  They probably travel in different circles than I do, but if they get a few $20,000 heifer calves from a flush using a straw or two, it's probably pretty cheap./// Although the math is still confusing it sounds like $1660 for an 80 straw share-and I havent seen what the hiefers are doing outside of Sullivans-regardless the Circle of people that gets $20000 hiefers is concentric to the point of almost non-existance-or PRETTY SMALL

trevorgreycattleco

oakview said:
Evidently somebody, actually several somebodies, thought the bull or shares were worth it.  They probably travel in different circles than I do, but if they get a few $20,000 heifer calves from a flush using a straw or two, it's probably pretty cheap.

If "if 's " and "buts" were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.

trevorgreycattleco

Hasn't it been proven over time that no matter how hyped a bull is it just doesn't slwYs work out. In fact it rarely does. Yet we still see folks lining up to pay just stupid cash for a completely unproven animal. If you've got the cash it's your business but I'd bet if you had the cash to begin with you were pretty smart at something to get that cash. So why let emotion, commotion and promotion sucker you out of your money? You wouldn't let a car dealer do it! Or a realtor. Yet in the cattle biz it's a constant game of follow the trends. If you spend enough, you can play with the cool kids. To me a older proven bull is worth way way more to me then a yearling. Yet it's the game of speculation that rules the purebred circle. I suppose it's because it takes so damn long to breed cows.

Doc

mark tenenbaum said:
oakview said:
Evidently somebody, actually several somebodies, thought the bull or shares were worth it.  They probably travel in different circles than I do, but if they get a few $20,000 heifer calves from a flush using a straw or two, it's probably pretty cheap./// Although the math is still confusing it sounds like $1660 for an 80 straw share-and I havent seen what the hiefers are doing outside of Sullivans-regardless the Circle of people that gets $20000 hiefers is concentric to the point of almost non-existance-or PRETTY SMALL

Mark, it works out to $84.35/straw .

Doc

knabe said:
Whats missing from existing bulls that this bull provides or is thought to provide?
For me, Knabe is that his 2 full brothers that have sired some pretty good calves are THC.

Latest posts