Sunburned testacles?

Help Support Steer Planet:

nkotb

We have a bull we are leasing and it appears that his testicles have been sunburned. It developed over the course of a couple weeks and does not seem to be getting any better. There is no hair on the lower  two thirds of his scrotum but seems to have hair everywhere else on his body. The skin on his scrotum looks like it is chapped or sunburned, just curious if there is something we need to be doing or if it's from the tall weeds or if he really did sunburn?

librarian

Might have walked thru that giant hogweed? It causes burns.
It's not a dumb question, I have a young British White bull and I wondered if his white scrotum might be a disadvantage that way. Given the choice, I'd select for a darker color in that area.

knabe

Seen where a bull had biting flies on his tail, went to a pond to submerge the end of his tail, but ended up sunburning his testicles. His testicles were water blistered so bad he walked bow legged so his testicles wouldn't hit the inside of his legs and that ruined his feet for a while, not to mention being sterile after that.

He was a Friesian bull named high point. A spectacular bull. We joked it was the low point in his career.

Latest posts