tell me what you think!

Help Support Steer Planet:

mashowcattle

just got this calf and would like to know your opinions.. the pictures are with him fitt but not yet blacked over

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 218

Bulldaddy

Nice calf.  Looks like a good job on building those legs.  In the photo where he is tied to the trailer, he appears to slop from hooks to pins.

CAB

Very nice steer. Like his front and top line best. If I could change him, I would like to see him a little deeper bodied with a softer look. He may feed into it. Over-all very good calf. If you don't mind saying , what's his pedigree look like? Brent

MotoMojo09

ok so this is driving me CRAZY how do you get the leg hair that thick?  are you using twine or is that from ur daily hair care??  or does that particular calf have that much hair on his legs??
really i wanna know :) its killin me

knabe

i bet he looks a lot better with his head a little bit lower.  he's made a little upside down through his neck for me.  when they looked like that, i would try to get them to flex in the poll to make the topside look longer and so they look a little more natural.  i realize he's just tied up high.

mashowcattle

MotoMojo09 said:
ok so this is driving me CRAZY how do you get the leg hair that thick?  are you using twine or is that from ur daily hair care??  or does that particular calf have that much hair on his legs??
really i wanna know :) its killin me

no we did not use twine or any source like that. that is all his natural hair, just a little tail adhessive and white touch up to build them. but yes this steer has quite a bit of leg hair but the more you work the hair everyday the better it will go into place when you fitt him and also grows better hair if you work it

mashowcattle

knabe said:
i bet he looks a lot better with his head a little bit lower.  he's made a little upside down through his neck for me.  when they looked like that, i would try to get them to flex in the poll to make the topside look longer and so they look a little more natural.  i realize he's just tied up high.

what do you mean upside down? calf has a great front end. i wasnt trying to get any kind of picture to make him look better. just snaping shots

mashowcattle

CAB said:
  Very nice steer. Like his front and top line best. If I could change him, I would like to see him a little deeper bodied with a softer look. He may feed into it. Over-all very good calf. If you don't mind saying , what's his pedigree look like? Brent

he is out of king daddy

knabe

mashowcattle said:
what do you mean upside down? calf has a great front end. i wasnt trying to get any kind of picture to make him look better. just snaping shots

from the withers to the poll could be longer in relation to the throat latch to the base of neck.  it's only a slight comment and most people wouldn't like it as the other way around, calves run like their head is in the ground and would tip their nose up no matter what.

AAOK

knabe said:

How to correct what knabe is talking about.  When clipping the top of his neck, about 6" below his poll, begin to slope the hair up, directly to the poll.  What you want to see is a straight line from the withers to the poll.  The hair directly behind the poll may end up being as much as 2-3" long.

TottenClubCalves

mashowcattle said:
knabe said:

His neck needs to be takin down where its straight and doesnt have a curve to it.

mashowcattle

hmm thats odd. must be the pic.. havent noticed it in person.
oh by the way thats a nice black calf in your picture there totten!.. whos is he? oh yeah.. mine! hahaha