Texas showers, please help!

Help Support Steer Planet:

WB

Ok last year I competed in the scrambles at fort worth and San Antonio, I caught at both so I now have to go back and exhibit my Maine Anjou heifer. Looking at the dates for San Antonio, the Maine heifers show on Thursday, but my county (tarrant) show has their jr. Heifer show the next day (Friday). Does anyone know if San Antonio would work with me and maybe let me leave on Thursday night? Or should I just be designed to the fact that I will miss my county show this year?

rackranch

I thought this thread was gonna be about praying for rain  ;D

I think your best bet is to talk to your county extension agent or your FFA teacher... which ever applies to your situation

You may also contact the livestock office in SA directly and speak with them about your problem... they are nice to work with and will help you if they can

twistedhshowstock

We have a situation similar in Angelina County, young man caught at Ft Worth, San Antonio, and Houston...has a Brangus Heifer...their county steer show is Thursday night and Heifers are showing on Friday morning...I havent looked to see when you are released but I think he is released Thursday at noon...his ag teacher is hauling him down there, so they are going to talk to San Antonio and see if they can get a release earlier Thursday because the Ag Teacher really needs to be back for the steer show that night...so I would agree with rackranch and talk to your Ag Teacher or Ext Agent and have them talk to the livestock office at San Antonio and see about a special permision to release you early.

thebulllady

If you have a special situation like this, the Texas majors are good about working with you on early releases.. especially for juniors.

afhm

UNless the maines are released immediately following the show they won't let you out most likely.

The Show

In my experiences over the years San Antonio has always been the most logical group of people to deal with. I'd just have your ag teacher or extension agent call the livestock office. Tell them that your county fair has a scramble, you caught last year, and you have to be there  ;D