TH & PHA testing

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Is there a minimum age requirement to pull blood for testing? I wouldn't think so, but I think I can remember hearing of one.

DL

No - if the mutation is there it doesn't change with age. If the mutation is not there it doesn't change with age either -

CAB

DL said:
No - if the mutation is there it doesn't change with age. If the mutation is not there it doesn't change with age either -

For some reason, I thought that I had read somewhere that the calves needed to be 30 days old, which did not make any sense to me, but thanks DL. Brent

HSC Ohio

How long does it usually take to get the results from agrigenomics(? spelling)? Sent a sample in on a three week old Tycoon about a week ago, and haven't heard anything.

Thanks

DL

HSC - call them..

CAB - I bleed mine as soon after born as I can get my act together ...then I don't have to think about it any more

CAB

DL said:
HSC - call them..

CAB - I bleed mine as soon after born as I can get my act together ...then I don't have to think about it any more

Good idea & I personally have an easier time bleeding a young one.

herefordfootball

DL said:
HSC - call them..

HSC it took us about a month and a half to get our results back from them, but we werent in any big hurry.

loveRedcows

We have had really good service from AgriGenomics.  We live out in nowhere so I have to drive a ways to get them fed ex'd & usually call them within 48 hrs to make sure they rec'd the samples.  Can usually get verbal results within a week.  Staff is always polite & eager to help.  We have a hard time getting a juglar so we pull from the tail vein.

Jill

To maybe save someone else the trouble down the line, if you are planning on registering that calf with the Maine association, keep your case number handy because that is how they reference the samples.

CAB

Agri Genomics has a web site that you can read & download forms from to send along with the blood. You do need the test tubes with the purple tops to put the blood samples into & send.

bueno

CAB said:
Agri Genomics has a web site that you can read & download forms from to send along with the blood. You do need the test tubes with the purple tops to put the blood samples into & send.

we had a verbal in two weeks but took longer to get in writing