TH testing

Help Support Steer Planet:

old timer

Did I read or hear that there is another place to test for Th other than Dr. Beaver in Ill?  If any body knows can they post the info?  Thanks

cpubarn

Pfizer can do it.

It is easy to get the hair instead of shipping purple top tubes of blood at -20 f.

old timer

Pfizer, merial, igenity  where do you find the info on these companies and th testing

GoWyo

I have used Igenity.  They are on the net at http://www.igenity.com/order/OrderKit.aspx.  That is the page to order the hair sample kit.  They will send it to you free of charge.  Instructions are with the kit.  I used them to run some Angus tests and they were $26 for AM, NH and CA and are probably similar cost for TH.  Turnaround with email results has been as little as 10 days and was 25 days over Christmas season on the latest test.

drl

GoWyo said:
I have used Igenity.  They are on the net at http://www.igenity.com/order/OrderKit.aspx.  That is the page to order the hair sample kit.  They will send it to you free of charge.  Instructions are with the kit.  I used them to run some Angus tests and they were $26 for AM, NH and CA and are probably similar cost for TH.  Turnaround with email results has been as little as 10 days and was 25 days over Christmas season on the latest test.

Does the $26 dollars include the genetic profile as well? Do the other genetic tests work for crossbred/commercial cattle?

SEA

How do these "hair sample" test compare to the blood samples as far as accuracy?  We have already had concerns with accuracy of blood samples if BOTH tests are/are not performed on the blood sample for TH.

SEA

cpubarn said:
Pfizer can do it.

It is easy to get the hair instead of shipping purple top tubes of blood at -20 f.

Can someone supply the official websites for Pfizer and Merial for genetic testing, please?

cpubarn

GoWyo

With Igenity, you can put down the registration # and association name on the order form for your animal and they will send the test results directly to the association.  If you only want the info for your own use you can leave off the reg. #.

SEA

How many people have already tried this method for genetic testing and what were your experiences?  Favorable?  Accurate?  Easy to follow and complete instructions?  Tests performed and results in a timely fashion?  Good companies and good people to deal with?

Thanks in advance. (thumbsup)