the best pb meyer son

Help Support Steer Planet:

Woody

Macho isnt a bad choice but you have to watch the attitudes on them that is why I quit using him.  I have three left in my herd out of 8 because of that reason.

firesweepranch

We have a Macho, got her from the Exposure Sale in 2008. LOVE HER!!! Not a mean bone in her body. Sweetest cow we have ever owned. She is due to calf next week to in Dew Time. I have not heard of Macho's having problems with attitude, and there are a TON of them out there in the show circuit. In fact, my 8 year old daughter vaccinated her tonight, by HERSELF! Cow did not flinch!
Maybe we just got a really good one?  (clapping)
His semen did just go up, since he is not producing any longer. ABS had a sale in August, and I picked up a bunch of him knowing he is limited now.  He is running about $35 a straw, IIRC

Bulldaddy

Woody said:
Macho isnt a bad choice but you have to watch the attitudes on them that is why I quit using him.  I have three left in my herd out of 8 because of that reason.

Maybe its coming from the cow side.  I have used Macho quite a bit and never got one with a dispostion problem. 

OH Breeder

I really like my Macho daughter. He mother was crazy as a bed bug. but both her and her northern improvement calf are calm as can be.

CAB

Has anyone used Climax or seen any offspring? I have 1, May,2nd heifer out of a % Ma cow that looks like she'll make a good moderate sized cow.

ROMAX

I like the looks of the CLIMAX bull but he looks to have a little more set to his rear legs,maybe someone could comment on that,plus we haven't seen a lot of calves out of him for his age.

kanshow

Macho would be my choice.  All the Machos I've been around have been dog gentle.. 

husker1

We had a Macho last year with some smoke...out of a dog-gentle PB Simm.  Got one this year that's not overly gentle either. 

The kids showed a 1/2 blood that was positively the toughest to work with out of all the show heifers this year....

My limited experience has shown more fire than average....so I can agree with Woody on this.