The bull "One and Only"

Help Support Steer Planet:

shorthorngirl2010

I personally really like the bull. Love his front, how extended & clean he is, and laid neat into his shoulder. Like the length of spine and depth of body.  If I could change him, Id like to see him a notch longer and more level out his him, but still a nice bull that I wouldn't be afraid to use. Another plus to the bull IMHO, his dam is VERY nice, if the bull throws females like her... He's gonna be around a loong time! ;)
-Sam
http://www.cattlevisions.com/Composite/One%20and%20Only.php

OH Breeder

The only thing that I noticed about him is he has Throttle in his blood line. Some of these HW x Throttle bulls seem to be throwing weight in calves. I do not know much about Throttle and I am sure someone on here does.

I like the picture of the bull but wish I could see him in person move etc. Anyone know where he is being collected or seen him

cotullaguy

SEA said:
What is his TH and PHA status?

he is free on both....i spoke to one of the owners and he should work good on smaller framed cows...also should be good for slick shear..Chris Rosa is a lot of help if you want to speak to him..He really likes his Walks on Water better IMO but both bulls sound really good...

cotullaguy

One and Only from Behind.

Attachments

• one and only.jpg
    one and only.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 893

cpubarn

OH Breeder said:
The only thing that I noticed about him is he has Throttle in his blood line. Some of these HW x Throttle bulls seem to be throwing weight in calves. I do not know much about Throttle and I am sure someone on here does.

I like the picture of the bull but wish I could see him in person move etc. Anyone know where he is being collected or seen him

He has been at Nichols at Ankeny,Ia the last couple of times I popped in.

mark tenenbaum

I really like the picture-Im quitting the whole shorthorn thing-and am absolutely fed up with the currant clique-and after 18 years and $10s of thousands nobody would lift a finger to help-OTHER than jsull.I do NOT CONSIDER SULLIVANS  as part of that AT ALL-GENUINE people,who deserve any accolades and worked for it. But IM gonna cross em out Simmi-etc-Shorthorns have created more breeds of cattle than anything close for a reason-this bull looks like hed be a changer, and the few I have left might nick-BWS are the only thing Im concerned with O0

SEA

mark tenenbaum said:
I really like the picture-Im quitting the whole shorthorn thing-and am absolutely fed up with the currant clique-and after 18 years and $10s of thousands nobody would lift a finger to help-OTHER than jsull.I do NOT CONSIDER SULLIVANS  as part of that AT ALL-GENUINE people,who deserve any accolades and worked for it. But IM gonna cross em out Simmi-etc-Shorthorns have created more breeds of cattle than anything close for a reason-this bull looks like hed be a changer, and the few I have left might nick-BWS are the only thing Im concerned with O0

Mark,

I understand the "Shorthorn Thing".  I sympathize with you and your situation.  But...

I did not understand what you meant by, I'm gonna cross em out Simm-etc-Shorthorns have created maore breeds of cattle than anything close for a reason...

Also, what is BWS? 

Could you help me out?

Thanks,

mark tenenbaum

SEA- sorry-First there are some super nice people in Shorthorns-like Dave Mcfarland-(goes without saying,)and many others. I was in a posistion where I had to sell $3500 females for $900 because the clique sale managers wouldnt even return my calls -e-mails etc.and I spent probably $100000  over the years, They knew dam well I needed help and basically sat on thier smug fat asses. From what I see the clique is growing smaller-and people like jsull-have high enough numbers and quality they dont have to play that game-and never did-hats off.In business-very successfull people seem to realize that there are ever occurring winds of change,and you put your pants on like your customers,or face diminishing returns. BWs (spelling ) are birthwieghts-and shorthorn DNA resides in more breeds of cattle-(including black angus!) than any other breed by far-meaning they cross good-and you see alot of really good crossbreds (of all combos) here on the planet. So what I meant in spirit may not have come across on screen due to the pervasive influence of a certain German wine,hope this covers it Thanx O0