The One We've All Heard About - New Sire for 2013!

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

I think it's a sweet name lol. Plus that calf IS that good in person. Not to mention one of the best pedigrees in the business...

WJ Farms

There is already semen on a full brother to the 2012 Ft. Worth Champion!!! Which steer was better??

Mueller Show Cattle

Agree with Zach, hate the name but love the bull calf, can do much better than his name. I do like his breeding though as I am a fan of Milkman. Who is N117 for the dam? I would like to know the breeding in the dam and a pic also of the dam. Real nice bull calf!

chambero

N117 is out of Ground Zero.  Might be a photo in one of Mimm's embryo sale catalogs.

Any steer that it to the top of the FW show is good enough.  Not a nickels worth of difference from one year to the next. 

As to which will make the better bull, who knows.  But N117 had a class winning Monopoly calf at FW in 2012 and the high seller at Mimms steer sale again this year.  Copus doesnt fool with many bulls, so this one probably has a real chance.

Mueller Show Cattle

chambero said:
N117 is out of Ground Zero.  Might be a photo in one of Mimm's embryo sale catalogs.

Any steer that it to the top of the FW show is good enough.  Not a nickels worth of difference from one year to the next. 

As to which will make the better bull, who knows.  But N117 had a class winning Monopoly calf at FW in 2012 and the high seller at Mimms steer sale again this year.  Copus doesnt fool with many bulls, so this one probably has a real chance.

Thanks, Chambero. I will look for a past catalog. But that has to be one good cow (N117) producing all those winners.

jhumphries

Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
I think it's a sweet name lol.
I also like the name to he is a milk man son and he is black or brown so whats wrong with chocolate milk plus it dont matter what his name is if he is as good as he looks

wyatt

if i were to own the bull and if im not mistakin for what steer was the full sib why dont they name the bull spider monkey (the steers "name")  :-\

WJ Farms

This is the 2011 not the 2012 I think this years champion was named Spider Monkey............

wyatt

WJ Farms said:
This is the 2011 not the 2012 I think this years champion was named Spider Monkey............
the 2011 steer was spider monkey i just looked on google unless the same kid won again with a steer that looks identicle to it lol <cowboy>

chambero

No it wasnt.  The steer named Spider Monkey and shown by Cuatro Schauer won the 2012 show (5 months ago).  The bull pictured in this post is a brother to the 2011 winner.  Different kid.

Both were very, very good.  But bred differently.